• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
If you are getting the shoes re-built, I suggest getting new insoles to replace the previous owner's foot impression. The mid-sole is a good idea to absorb shock IF you are doing plenty of walking on those long wingtips. Let the cobbler inspect the welt first. If the welt is good no need to waste money for new welt.

The new welt is for aesthetics. Wasting money is my job!

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just brought home these minty and rare AE Sterling... aaaahhhh....

DSC_6241.JPG

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i do believe that is a 2020. There were two shell shows in 2019. The suede show was 2020.

Congrats! You passed my little test. It WAS 2020. I will pretend I was being sneaky rather than just being old and confused.

Last edited:

DoubleOldFashioned

Reaction score
Wore my blue suede strandmoks again while gallavanting about Connecticut. I went to the U.S. submarine museum and the town of New London after a one day stay in Mystic and the seaport museum there.

Both days saw suede shoe use due to a light trip.

View attachment 1646843 View attachment 1646842 View attachment 1646845 View attachment 1646846 View attachment 1646847 View attachment 1646848 View attachment 1646855 View attachment 1646846 View attachment 1646849 View attachment 1646850 View attachment 1646851 View attachment 1646851 View attachment 1646852 View attachment 1646853 View attachment 1646854
Sweet pics - always a thumbs up for nautical pics, and especially the USCGC EAGLE.

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1646738
Ok, even though there no current GMTO program, I’m still interested in gauging interest in a MacNeil in Dublin, perhaps in the above color. Or another.

maybe visible eyelets in an antiqued shade

My default setting sole for a LWB is a double JR but Dainite would work too.

Those saying they’d buy are

@FatTuesday
@aero25
@pbrandes
@TheLawBeard
@dpgaloot

I think if there is going to be a trunk featuring the Macneil- something not quite officially confirmed yet by Ashley- having a Dublin option would be great if enough folks showed interest.

I know these things take planning and can’t turn on a time but it is worth a try.

A hypothetical trunk show/GMTO that includes the MacNeil (my favorite shoe) in Dublin (my favorite leather)?

Um, yeah, I'm your huckleberry.

So, I'll be honest...it's tricky finding time to fit these kinds of makeups on the sales calender in between promotions, so it's next to impossible to commit to something well in advance and say that we can 100% make xyz pet project happen in a certain time frame. It's more like...something of interest is on my radar, and we realize we have an opening in our schedule and seize the moment. I do kind of have my next gmto already up my sleeve whenever the opportunity arises, and then if there is interest in a Dublin model we can revisit that afterwards. Next year is far more likely than this one though. Also, if you guys are serious about having me pitch something we really need to be sure MANY people would get behind it (more than would be required for shell, and a "maybe" is far different than a commitment), and we need to consider current models. I can make the case for the Macneil but we are REALLY trying to stick with current styles.

Tldr: gmtos will only happen when we have a clearing in our sales calendar (which means we need you to be flexible and kind of stand by until we can work it in) and are far more likely to happen with current models.

Ashley, this is great info to have. Thanks for giving us a peek behind the curtain.

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, I'll be honest...it's tricky finding time to fit these kinds of makeups on the sales calender in between promotions, so it's next to impossible to commit to something well in advance and say that we can 100% make xyz pet project happen in a certain time frame. It's more like...something of interest is on my radar, and we realize we have an opening in our schedule and seize the moment. I do kind of have my next gmto already up my sleeve whenever the opportunity arises, and then if there is interest in a Dublin model we can revisit that afterwards. Next year is far more likely than this one though. Also, if you guys are serious about having me pitch something we really need to be sure MANY people would get behind it (more than would be required for shell, and a "maybe" is far different than a commitment), and we need to consider current models. I can make the case for the Macneil but we are REALLY trying to stick with current styles.

Tldr: gmtos will only happen when we have a clearing in our sales calendar (which means we need you to be flexible and kind of stand by until we can work it in) and are far more likely to happen with current models.
Ok, I'm a little out of touch with the current offerings, so I took a spin around the website. Is the only longwing around right now the Tremont sneaker?

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'm a little out of touch with the current offerings, so I took a spin around the website. Is the only longwing around right now the Tremont sneaker?

Sadly, yes.
iron-eyes-cody-psa-featured.jpg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

If long wings are wrong, I don’t want to be right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads