• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Big Green Egg can do more than act as a photo prop...

1000 (2).jpeg

...it actually cooks too!

20210726_184339.jpg

It could use a good cleaning and overhaul - it's works hard for us. I'm just afraid to remove the "seasoning".

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do you mind if I ask what you paid?

What is the model number?

Those are gorgeous!

Thanks. I think they are lookers.
The model number is 97625, which was the replacement for the Imperial 93602. The 97625 was rebadged as an Imperial in 1996. The price for new old stock Florsheims can vary considerably. Those on the higher end will be the more common sizes, such as 9, 9.5 or 10D. Asking prices of $300 up to mid $400s are seen on Ebay. Most of those do sell for less if the seller allows buyers to make offers. My seller was asking $350 plus shipping. I made an offer and picked them up for less. One will occasionally find a pair that the seller has no idea what they have and let a pair go for around $100, but this is very rare. The price of NOS Florsheims can also be pretty low if they are an odd size, such as a 14AA. Those will fit so very few people that the price drops. PM me is anyone has additional questions about vintage Florsheims and I will try to point them in the right direction.

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know how many times I let @ae_ashley know that I'd love to see a Dublin MacNeil. Between you, me, and @FatTuesday there's already three of us!

F186AEC0-12A6-446D-8EC4-AAA355F510CC.jpeg
Ok, even though there no current GMTO program, I’m still interested in gauging interest in a MacNeil in Dublin, perhaps in the above color. Or another.

maybe visible eyelets in an antiqued shade

My default setting sole for a LWB is a double JR but Dainite would work too.

Those saying they’d buy are

@FatTuesday
@aero25
@pbrandes
@TheLawBeard
@dpgaloot

I think if there is going to be a trunk featuring the Macneil- something not quite officially confirmed yet by Ashley- having a Dublin option would be great if enough folks showed interest.

I know these things take planning and can’t turn on a time but it is worth a try.

Joe Schmoe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1646738
Ok, even though there no current GMTO program, I’m still interested in gauging interest in a MacNeil in Dublin, perhaps in the above color. Or another.

@FatTuesday
@aero25
@pbrandes
@TheLawBeard
@dpgaloot

I think if there is going to be a trunk featuring the Macneil- something not quite officially confirmed yet by Ashley- having a Dublin option would be great if enough folks showed interest.

I know these things take planning and can’t turn on a time but it is worth a try.
Add me to the list!

Ashley_S

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1646738

@FatTuesday
@aero25
@pbrandes
@TheLawBeard
@dpgaloot

So, I'll be honest...it's tricky finding time to fit these kinds of makeups on the sales calender in between promotions, so it's next to impossible to commit to something well in advance and say that we can 100% make xyz pet project happen in a certain time frame. It's more like...something of interest is on my radar, and we realize we have an opening in our schedule and seize the moment. I do kind of have my next gmto already up my sleeve whenever the opportunity arises, and then if there is interest in a Dublin model we can revisit that afterwards. Next year is far more likely than this one though. Also, if you guys are serious about having me pitch something we really need to be sure MANY people would get behind it (more than would be required for shell, and a "maybe" is far different than a commitment), and we need to consider current models. I can make the case for the Macneil but we are REALLY trying to stick with current styles.

Tldr: gmtos will only happen when we have a clearing in our sales calendar (which means we need you to be flexible and kind of stand by until we can work it in) and are far more likely to happen with current models.

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, I'll be honest...it's tricky finding time to fit these kinds of makeups on the sales calender in between promotions, so it's next to impossible to commit to something well in advance and say that we can 100% make xyz pet project happen in a certain time frame. It's more like...something of interest is on my radar, and we realize we have an opening in our schedule and seize the moment. I do kind of have my next gmto already up my sleeve whenever the opportunity arises, and then if there is interest in a Dublin model we can revisit that afterwards. Next year is far more likely than this one though. Also, if you guys are serious about having me pitch something we really need to be sure MANY people would get behind it (more than would be required for shell, and a "maybe" is far different than a commitment), and we need to consider current models. I can make the case for the Macneil but we are REALLY trying to stick with current styles.

Tldr: gmtos will only happen when we have a clearing in our sales calendar (which means we need you to be flexible and kind of stand by until we can work it in) and are far more likely to happen with current models.
Firm, yet fair. This is why you're our Queen. :worship:

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Screenshot_20210730-203027_Chrome.jpg

BFT9000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What's a good baseline for a successful shell GMTO? Around 20-30 pairs? That would mean a non-shell needs something like 25-35 solid commitments to be considered seriously, right?

BFT9000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1627698564669.png

PXL_20210731_022855421.jpg

Check, and check... now all I have to do is to find the skinny fit, high-cut jeans I wore in college before I can finally become the hipster I was always meant to be.

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads