• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Poor pics of a couple of nice summer shoes. AE Heritage from a Paul era MTO and vintage Lloyd & Haig white bucks (w/Ben Silver suit). The latter pair were NOS when found on eBay, maybe my best ever find. Original brick red soles to this day.
89290537-4FFF-46D5-929F-40E979052E52.jpeg
DDDE8B81-DF23-4084-8050-304367B4287D.jpeg

Last edited:

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I had my MacNeil druthers, I’d love it if dublin leather were an option. The rebrand Urban Daddy Gramercy was a MacNeil In cognac dublin with metal eyelets. I missed the original offering but Kristal found a pair in my size on the Shoebank. I hesitated then called back but POOF they were gone.

For months they kept showing up on the inventory sheet (remember those?) but I would call and be told they were an inventory “ghost” and not actually there. It was as if the shoe gods were mocking me for having hesitated. Lesson learned.

So if I could get a Mac in Dublin, that would cool. In fact, if a GMTO were ever allowed again, I think we could find a dozen or so interested folks here.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I had my MacNeil druthers, I’d love it if dublin leather were an option. The rebrand Urban Daddy Gramercy was a MacNeil In cognac dublin with metal eyelets. I missed the original offering but Kristal found a pair in my size on the Shoebank. I hesitated then called back but POOF they were gone.

For months they kept showing up on the inventory sheet (remember those?) but I would call and be told they were an inventory “ghost” and not actually there. It was as if the shoe gods were mocking me for having hesitated. Lesson learned.

So if I could get a Mac in Dublin, that would cool. In fact, if a GMTO were ever allowed again, I think we could find a dozen or so interested folks here.

I'm in! Only 10 to go...

JRC

Reaction score
IMG_1618.JPG

IMG_1620.JPG

IMG_1621.JPG

I had been looking for a pair of white leather shoes in my size for a while to wear during the summer months in Houston. I found these on Ebay. New and never been worn but they were golf shoes but no problem. I sent them to Wyatt & Sons and they came out
just GREAT. I added a blue mid sole for a touch of color. If I ever get tired of all white, I can easily convert to a spectator.

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't know how many times I let @ae_ashley know that I'd love to see a Dublin MacNeil. Between you, me, and @FatTuesday there's already three of us!

BFT9000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I started wearing my suede Leeds (I called them the covid Leeds) last year to run errands. I would often wear them with no socks and shorts. I stopped doing this because I noticed the insole was getting dirtier than my shoes normally do with socks.

@BFT9000, any interest? No weaseling intended.

Seriously considering buying these... dammit @ProfilaBinding.

If only they were EEE so @AEfaninTampa could have them instead.

BFT9000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seriously considering buying these... dammit @ProfilaBinding.

If only they were EEE so @AEfaninTampa could have them instead.

Seller accepted my (kinda lowball) offer. Sooooooo I guess I'm now the proud owner of TWO Rush Streets!

That tan piping. I just couldn't help myself.

Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads