• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks! Yes, she is local. (We're actually 10 days apart and she was a friend of my high school GF). She spent years your former neck of the woods, but life brought her back here. We are NOT going to Lubbock for the honeymoon. :p

Skipping Lubbock is probably for the best. Nothing in Lubbock except Tech and tornados. What brings people back to Amarillo? Life and Interstate 40.

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gotta do no-shows...
Most of my no shows fall down but I wasn't adverse to socks it's just that these loafers just barely fit without. I tried socks first but the shoes felt a bit tight so I figured I'd try without, being all modern CW. Hoping they break in so I can wear socks with them. Or maybe I just need to toughen up those heels...Get some Man Calluses to handle them. :-D

I don't wear loafers enough for that so it probably won't happen.

I knew I was taking a bit of a chance on the Acheson but at $70 I figured I wasn't risking much.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nothing in Lubbock? Whoa.
Did you forget Prairie Dog Town?

That was quite the slogan: "Welcome to Lubbock. We have rodents." (No animals were harmed in this playful poking at Lubbock)

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most of my no shows fall down but I wasn't adverse to socks it's just that these loafers just barely fit without. I tried socks first but the shoes felt a bit tight so I figured I'd try without, being all modern CW. Hoping they break in so I can wear socks with them. Or maybe I just need to toughen up those heels...Get some Man Calluses to handle them. :-D

I don't wear loafers enough for that so it probably won't happen.

I knew I was taking a bit of a chance on the Acheson but at $70 I figured I wasn't risking much.
Beautiful shoes! I’m not a fan of no shows, but I am a fan of no socks even less. Lbvs! Probably why I have steered clear of loafers.

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful shoes! I’m not a fan of no shows, but I am a fan of no socks even less. Lbvs! Probably why I have steered clear of loafers.
Well how my heels feel now these most likely will hit ebay. Looks like boots for the rest of the week.

I can't wear my Sea Islands without socks for the same reason but my Maritimes and Ely's are super comfortable in bare feet. I wear my Ely's daily during the summer

dpgaloot

Reaction score
Happy Wingtip Wednesday,

I'll be ending work early today to take my wife to dinner up at Sundance. It should be cool and beautiful up there. During full moon they run the chairlift until midnight for scenic rides, maybe I can talk her into that if they are still running.

Dark Chili Daltons today

Dalton_Chili_4_1_25.jpg

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I started wearing my suede Leeds (I called them the covid Leeds) last year to run errands. I would often wear them with no socks and shorts. I stopped doing this because I noticed the insole was getting dirtier than my shoes normally do with socks.

@BFT9000, any interest? No weaseling intended.

schweezly

Reaction score
Anyone have the Park City boot? Wondering how they fit. Compared to say a Higgins Mill or Normandy/Caen

Reactions: EZB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads