• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just offer a MTO program like everyone else does, at a premium.
N is pairs owned
Formula: n+1=correct SMUs
Do you think this would drive sales? MTO is a great customer service but it actually drives inefficiency. I believe that too many special makeup shoes just creates background noise. If you can just get it next week, there is no reason to buy now.

Shoes4play

Reaction score
Happy Monday forum pals. Today is an anniversary post with a throwback photo. Having so much spare time on my hands in the last 5 years I seem to have accumulated 10,000 posts. Some of them were even worth reading. The throwback photo is from April 20, 2017 when my trunk show MacNeils (RIP) in natty shell arrived.

1627313677913.png

Those are gorgeous. One of my biggest regrets not getting in on that one.

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2215 last search results in both boots popping up. I am seeing the 1757 is a misprint.
I don't remember a 2215 last...is this the first instance of it?
It is used on the Silverlake, not sure if on any others. I'll try them on versus a HM later but if memory serves the fit is fairly similar with the 2215 having a more rounded toe than the 1757.

Shoes4play

Reaction score

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you think this would drive sales? MTO is a great customer service but it actually drives inefficiency. I believe that too many special makeup shoes just creates background noise. If you can just get it next week, there is no reason to buy now.
It probably wouldn't drive sales. It would be a small niche market, but with a strict return policy and an upcharge, it may limit it to a more serious consumer. Show off what they can do, and it may draw some new clientele. I just ordered a custom pair of Carmina natty shell cordovan boots because of their MTO Weekend event. AE could have gotten that money...

Last edited:

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
AE should give the weather on their website. It could improve their accuracy.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, not a fan of that Higgins sneaker. At least it's not as bad as the Walker boot.

Also, I noticed on that new Chapman boot, they are putting the AE logo very obviously on the tongue. I don't mind that they do this on some of the sneakers, but I hope they don't continue doing this on boots. I guess no one will see it when you're wearing them, but I just don't like. One thing I've always liked about AE and Alden is that they keep logos where they should be, which is on the soles.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Because AE is no longer making MacNeils. My pair are safe in the closet and will remain there with occasional wearing.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Because AE is no longer making MacNeils. My pair are safe in the closet and will remain there with occasional wearing.
Because you are going to wear out a Shell MacNeil.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, not a fan of that Higgins sneaker. At least it's not as bad as the Walker boot.

Also, I noticed on that new Chapman boot, they are putting the AE logo very obviously on the tongue. I don't mind that they do this on some of the sneakers, but I hope they don't continue doing this on boots. I guess no one will see it when you're wearing them, but I just don't like. One thing I've always liked about AE and Alden is that they keep logos where they should be, which is on the soles.

I really hope ae doesn't start branding dress styles in the same way. If they do, I ain't buying. It's inelegant.

stuffedsuperdud

Reaction score

So you paid extra for a pair of essentially indestructible shoes, but are hesitant to use them for fear of wearing them out?

Not to be morbid but if you're my age (35) or older, our heart valves will probably wear out before our shell shoes do.

Enjoy your shoes! Wear them to obnoxious activities and have them bear witness to some of your poor decisions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics