• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My advice is to find a Hamilton leather that you like and then ask. Hamilton is getting like the Strandmok. Each different makeup seems to fit different. I have found that grains ran big, Shell runs TTS, suede just a bit more snug but TTS is the way to go.
I bought 8.5E in suede Hamilton, the boot wasn't a great lockdown, but then 9D in shell was a little tight across the vamp and v-gap is wider. The 8.5E is more comfortable though, but my shoe 65 last size is 9D and those work really well. Thinking it's the split reverse welt on the shell makeups that made them a tad tight?

AdaminPhilly

Reaction score
Hello all. I am new here and somewhat new to show shining. I just shined my Park Avenues and my strand weaves. The strand weaves were a little difficult as the brogue and weaves tended to absorb a lot of the cream and was polish. It's still stuck in the brogue and I'll have to pick it out.

Hope they look good though.

g e

Reaction score
Gents -

It's been quite a while since I've last haunted this forum, was focused elsewhere, (recent retirement and major overhaul of stereo system). i read through the past 10 pages and thoroughly enjoyed seeing the pics and catching up.

My wife is on a major life simplification routine and I've joined in. Most of my business slacks and shirts and ties went to Goodwill. I kept 3 or 4 nice dress shirts, 2 sport coats and 1 suit and of course all my Allen Edmonds footwear.

But I do have one pair I need to part with. 12-18 months back I bought a sharp looking pair of brown Eastports from Ebay (a no returns seller). My size is 12B but these must have been mislabeled at the factory. I can get them on my feet but they are way too tight; methinks they are more like an 11A. Very little wear and I can understand why.

Would it be poor taste to advertise them for sale here? If so, where do you suggest? Not interested in ebay, too many fees.

Thanks!

Greg

Rithrin

Reaction score
SO good to see you back!!
Remember, tomorrow is the last day to order your spectators!
Then may I show the Carbon next to some cool pants?
View attachment 1644040 View attachment 1644041
In the wild, now I have to keep these all so the members can see Carbon against a pant color. More to come.

Ooh, look at me, I'm contributing, too! Be tantalized, and pick one up before the offer ends if you haven't!

1627276026558.png

OK, but seriously, I can understand why someone would find them too loud or not to their style. I'm just very practiced at rocking whatever I want in public. And extremely happy to be able to cross these off my bucket list - thanks, @ae_ashley !

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ooh, look at me, I'm contributing, too! Be tantalized, and pick one up before the offer ends if you haven't!

View attachment 1644292

OK, but seriously, I can understand why someone would find them too loud or not to their style. I'm just very practiced at rocking whatever I want in public. And extremely happy to be able to cross these off my bucket list - thanks, @ae_ashley !
lovely pants!

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Monday forum pals. Today is an anniversary post with a throwback photo. Having so much spare time on my hands in the last 5 years I seem to have accumulated 10,000 posts. Some of them were even worth reading. The throwback photo is from April 20, 2017 when my trunk show MacNeils (RIP) in natty shell arrived.

IMG_1727 3.jpg

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Monday forum pals. Today is an anniversary post with a throwback photo. Having so much spare time on my hands in the last 5 years I seem to have accumulated 10,000 posts. Some of them were even worth reading. The throwback photo is from April 20, 2017 when my trunk show MacNeils (RIP) in natty shell arrived.

View attachment 1644345
FOR **** SAKE, THOSE ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Last edited:

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1644345

Why RIP?

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Question for the group? What do you guys think the sweet spot for special makeup shoes will be? Let’s count Trunk shoes with it. How many are to many?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads