• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Olive pants.
B91D9CBF-33F8-41C4-832F-4AC95FBFA04C.jpeg
D9A07728-95C7-41D8-803A-45ABF6BFBD1E.jpeg

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tempted to buy these in carbon before time runs out but spooked by all the discussion on fit. I do not have any shoes on this last. I typically buy a size 10D on the 65 last. Any thoughts on what size to order on this last?
Do you have a lot or decent toe room on the 65? Is your instep high? This last is shorter, flatter, and wider at the ball of the foot. If you need a lot of break in on the 65, I would be inclined to go 10.5D. That would give you a little more chance to fit the cone and give you the toe room that you would need. But if you get total closer and 65 10D is completely comfortable, then I would stick to 10D. Shoes are still being made in D width and the shoe is returnable. Keep in mind that until the 27th they will still make a size that is not in current stock. It is worth the shot.

SJTM

Reaction score
Do you have a lot or decent toe room on the 65? Is your instep high? This last is shorter, flatter, and wider at the ball of the foot. If you need a lot of break in on the 65, I would be inclined to go 10.5D. That would give you a little more chance to fit the cone and give you the toe room that you would need. But if you get total closer and 65 10D is completely comfortable, then I would stick to 10D. Shoes are still being made in D width and the shoe is returnable. Keep in mind that until the 27th they will still make a size that is not in current stock. It is worth the shot.
Actually have a bit of toe room in 65. Might even get away with 9.5D in that last, but I use a 3/4 Dr Scholls orthotic footbed in all my shoes that takes up a bit of room. When laced the vee is fully closed, so not sure what that says about volume / instep.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Actually have a bit of toe room in 65. Might even get away with 9.5D in that last, but I use a 3/4 Dr Scholls orthotic footbed in all my shoes that takes up a bit of room. When laced the vee is fully closed, so not sure what that says about volume / instep.
I would not step down on the 73. The Chisel takes up toe room.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tempted to buy these in carbon before time runs out but spooked by all the discussion on fit. I do not have any shoes on this last. I typically buy a size 10D on the 65 last. Any thoughts on what size to order on this last?

orthotics complicate everything. I am trying a bigger width or a half-size larger

SJTM

Reaction score
I would not step down on the 73. The Chisel takes up toe room.
Thanks.

On a separate note, I was shopping for colored laces for my new Neumoks. It appears the eyelits are the "small" variety according to AE's definition. The laces that came with the two pair vary slightly in diameter. All of the options on Amazon appear to be thicker, even if listed for dress shoes. Does anyone know a brand that is the correct diameter and offers colors such as wine / royal blue / navy / green etc?

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is that the brown nubuck? Looks a bit darker than the website photo
Yes it is. I think my olive/brown pants are making the shoe seem darker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads