• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Really nice, carbons?
Yes, I am waiting on two Navy to come in in different sizes. The 73 last is so weird that I can wear two drastically different sizes and they both feel the same. This is getting weird.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is the sizing advice for the Hamilton?
My Fifth Street fits well TTS. But I recall some claiming the Hamilton runs large??

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, I am waiting on two Navy to come in in different sizes. The 73 last is so weird that I can wear two drastically different sizes and they both feel the same. This is getting weird.
did you go TTS on the carbons?

munchau

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Fifth Street fits well TTS. But I recall some claiming the Hamilton runs large??
They were the same for me. Right boot was lasted a bit tighter with my Hamilton. Suede might make a difference.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
did you go TTS on the carbons?
No, my best 65 size is 9.5C. But I have a pair of Broadstreet in 9.5B. They are slightly tight from the cone to the heel. I got a 10B coming and this last pair is a 9.5D. Hopefully the 10B comes soon, then I can decide on what is best fit. My problem is that I can have same shoe in two different sizes and feel they both fit great.

suuteebird

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, these are gray Hamiltons on blue Dainite

View attachment 1643880
AD859CF8-3245-452B-8C3D-98E4D7C2959F.jpeg
774A6BB8-17D8-4CFA-9323-03CFAEC16950.jpeg

i approve of this look.

Shoes4play

Reaction score
What do you think of a “regular” group member who quietly goes on hiatus for two months, and then returns by scrolling through everything he missed, liking things along the way?
I’d call that serious dedication. What do you think @Shoes4play ?

Busted.

I took a brief hiatus from shoes but figured it was a good time to sneak back in and see how things were going. Trunk shows, new offerings, etc. I suspect that a couple of Broadstreets will be ordered tomorrow, probably Navy and Walnut. I don't own any spectators so this is a good time to dip my toes in the pool.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My advice is to find a Hamilton leather that you like and then ask. Hamilton is getting like the Strandmok. Each different makeup seems to fit different. I have found that grains ran big, Shell runs TTS, suede just a bit more snug but TTS is the way to go.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you think of a “regular” group member who quietly goes on hiatus for two months, and then returns by scrolling through everything he missed, liking things along the way?
I’d call that serious dedication. What do you think @Shoes4play ?

Tonight, I had some extra time to relax. I went back through some postings in 2015/16 from the original AE thread. I saw you and many others posting back then. But what's incredible is just looking at the webgems and models that were offered just 5-6 years ago. Some of those webgems were incredible and I had no idea about some of them. It does make me a little sad when I see those old posts, just because it makes me realize just how much I missed out on. There's so much interesting information in the original AE thread that it's worth checking out once in a while.

Ashley_S

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Busted.

I took a brief hiatus from shoes but figured it was a good time to sneak back in and see how things were going. Trunk shows, new offerings, etc. I suspect that a couple of Broadstreets will be ordered tomorrow, probably Navy and Walnut. I don't own any spectators so this is a good time to dip my toes in the pool.
SO good to see you back!!
Remember, tomorrow is the last day to order your spectators!

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
SO good to see you back!!
Remember, tomorrow is the last day to order your spectators!
Then may I show the Carbon next to some cool pants?
CDA2B1CC-66A8-4467-9AFA-737C9D0BCBFA.jpeg
53AF93DF-D64E-4368-A18A-47B687FE9E6B.jpeg

In the wild, now I have to keep these all so the members can see Carbon against a pant color. More to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads