• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpm1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone give me a catalog link for the Lloyd? I've looked all over the 80s and can't find it. I think these are PC but trying to verify. thanks.
View attachment 1642041
Those model numbers beginning in zero will not appear in any catalogs. They were either made for a wholesale account or a special promotion. 1984

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Westchester Wednesday.
6BAD3338-0353-4239-84A9-A579406D7811.jpeg

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Broadstreet update is "good news/bad news." The good news is that the shoes look terrific. A little burnishing on the toes and I hope they are all this nice. The bad news, although not unexpected, is that they are too tight and will have to go back. I shall take comfort in wearing some MacNeils.

View attachment 1642089
What sizing did you buy in vs. your other shoes? Where was it tight?

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What sizing did you buy in vs. your other shoes? Where was it tight?

The MacNeils and Leeds I have work at 11.5EEE. I have a Chester and a MacNeil at 12EEE and both feel a little large. Most of my Aldens are 11EEE. The Broadstreet was 11.5EEE and it was tight across the top, wide V gap and tight across the top of the toes. Given the feel of the Broadstreet, it doubt that going up to a 12 will solve all of the issues. The next stop would be 13EEE will likely be too large in some areas. I am used to these issues from AE lasts. Oh well, it is what it is.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The MacNeils and Leeds I have work at 11.5EEE. I have a Chester and a MacNeil at 12EEE and both feel a little large. Most of my Aldens are 11EEE. The Broadstreet was 11.5EEE and it was tight across the top, wide V gap and tight across the top of the toes. Given the feel of the Broadstreet, it doubt that going up to a 12 will solve all of the issues. The next stop would be 13EEE will likely be too large in some areas. I am used to these issues from AE lasts. Oh well, it is what it is.
You went back to 11.5EEE for Leeds?

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wore your old black shell 11.5s yesterday! I thought you’d gone to 12EEE

Yeah, I checked and my Leeds are 12EEE. This, shoe pals, is an example of when your forum buddies have a better idea of what you have in your closet and their size than you do. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads