• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AE Randolph full strap penny loafers in green shell cordovan on JR soles...

20210316_030042.jpg
20210316_030118.jpg
20210316_030223.jpg

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't want to be a part of any club pathetic enough to want me as a member....

I remember going to my uncle's house in the late 80s / early 90s and seeing these catalogs stacked on the telephone table. Most of the guys in my family are blue collar immigrant workers who wear t-shirts, jeans, and Nikes to work, but he was a scientist/lawyer from Hawaii and I remember thinking that he was how "proper" American men dressed and acted. ?

How times change though. I'm in burgundy McAllisters today (I am not management) while my boss, a c-suite'er, is wearing Cole Haan Lunargrand sneakers because he doesn't think the occasion is formal enough to deploy the big guns:....his black Eccos -_-. We're both here to meet with a manufacturing exec from a client company, who showed up wearing Gucci sneakers to match her Gucci belt, Gucci bag, and Gucci watch. I don't think any of us is a member of a club, either. She seems like a regular at the Chipotle she led us to though, so that's kinda clubish maybe?

Sounds like she's a member of The Conspicuous Consumption Club.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My Broadstreet update is "good news/bad news." The good news is that the shoes look terrific. A little burnishing on the toes and I hope they are all this nice. The bad news, although not unexpected, is that they are too tight and will have to go back. I shall take comfort in wearing some MacNeils.

IMG_0558.jpg

MrOxford

Reaction score

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My Broadstreet update is "good news/bad news." The good news is that the shoes look terrific. A little burnishing on the toes and I hope they are all this nice. The bad news, although not unexpected, is that they are too tight and will have to go back. I shall take comfort in wearing some MacNeils.

View attachment 1642089
Cone height is not so much. Probably AE’s flattest last. I am trying two sizes, so hopefully one will work out. My original walnut is a little tight from laces to heel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads