• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I started my shoe journey in 2015, just two years too late to have seen the Morgan. I am not surprised that it is new to me. Yikes. Swing and a miss.

2D7E9B55-C6D1-487E-8995-CF8CFC9283D5.jpeg

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These Canal Court sneakers arrived today. I can tell that I bought the right size. However, not sure if I will keep them. I probably won't need more than one light blue suede shoe, and I may just opt for the Strandmok. Also, the right shoe sort of pushes down on the knuckles of my small toes, which is odd. That never happens in my other AE shoes. It might go away with time. They look really nice though.

IMG_3257.JPG

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Having a hard time deciding if I should return these AE seconds Woolymoks which just arrived today. I spoke to the salesperson at the store and asked what was the defect with these. He put me on hold and appeared to pull the shoes, then told me he could find nothing at all wrong with them, so I purchased them.

As can be seen in the photo, the distance between the toe caps and the brogueing strip at the vamp is clearly very different from shoe to shoe. I keep looking at this and not sure it will not always irk me when I wear these. But the shoe itself is better IRL than in the photos and I know I would wear these often. No possibility of exchange as these were the only pair in my size. These were on sale last week for $181.

What would you do? View attachment 1629797

Yes, they are different. Total keeper for me.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Having a hard time deciding if I should return these AE seconds Woolymoks which just arrived today. I spoke to the salesperson at the store and asked what was the defect with these. He put me on hold and appeared to pull the shoes, then told me he could find nothing at all wrong with them, so I purchased them.

As can be seen in the photo, the distance between the toe caps and the brogueing strip at the vamp is clearly very different from shoe to shoe. I keep looking at this and not sure it will not always irk me when I wear these. But the shoe itself is better IRL than in the photos and I know I would wear these often. No possibility of exchange as these were the only pair in my size. These were on sale last week for $181.

This is a great example of a pair of seconds. They’re not perfectly even, no, but neither are we perfectly symmetrical left to right. I would keep personally. I have firsts that aren’t perfectly symmetrical.
I started my shoe journey in 2015, just two years too late to have seen the Morgan. I am not surprised that it is new to me. Yikes. Swing and a miss.

View attachment 1629802
Came in red and green or blue as well…

Remington Cashmere

Reaction score

I’d keep unless it’s something that’s going to nag at you every time you look down.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss.

Are those black shell or calf?

Thank you very much. Wife's grandfather. A solid life lived at 89, but still sad nonetheless!

Black shell. black Jelly beans!

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I would keep. I bet the SA just looked at one shoe at a time and not as a pair. The last time I asked an SA for how a pair looked, I got a 4 paragraph email response that made the shoe seem like a total disaster. I now just ask, how do they present from 6 feet away. That has made the shoe buying experience less exhausting.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Like most decisions in life, this comes down to the position of regret—which would you regret more: returning them or keeping them?

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These Delrays were purchased at the end of 2019 and have been sitting in a box in the closet since. Taking them for an hour or so spin in the apartment today to start breaking them in.

o2YtIe.md.jpg

o2YDhu.md.jpg

konoyaro

Reaction score
So after failing at my first attempt with factory second cordovan Randolphs, I took a deep breath and ordered "firsts". After they arrived, I tried them on and felt something that was like a small pebble. Shaking it out of the shoe, it looked like a brown plastic chip. Curious I peered inside the shoe and noticed what looks like some resin filler. I haven't seen this in any of my other AE shoes - is this common in the loafers?

filler.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads