• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Leiden’s spotted next to me at BWI.
C4BB5527-4643-428F-A5AD-F896E33470E2.jpeg
Several people commented on his socks - I was the only one to comment on his shoes. :)

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any of you guys have experience with plantar fasciitis? Is my shoe game fucked permanently? Will I be able to put inserts in the shoes I have now? I know there’s a lot of variables here but I haven’t got the inserts yet so I don’t know.
Had PF years ago, podiatrist gave me orthotics, didn't work. I finally bought a book called "The Runners Repair Manual", it had a foot taping procedure, did that daily for about 6 months and PF hasn't returned in over 25 yrs. Oh, I was wearing suits/ties and AE every day during this. Taping plus some foot stretching exercises while in shower are what helped it. I invented the foot stretching on my own, involved standing on toes, and slowly lowering heel to shower floor, repeating as long as I felt like it.

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rain decided to let up a bit, so I jumped at the opportunity to take the dog out again. Sullivan Streets in dark brown because, hey, why not? One of the most underrated boots AE has ever made. Wish it had come in about a dozen different colors and leathers.

IMG_5235.jpg

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black tumbled HM's from now through Friday.

IMG_5394.jpg

@ae_ashley Would you mind passing on to the AE development team that there is some desire for protective footwear in EEE? I have only found one boot made by Daytona that is available in extra wide and it is very motorcycle touring-esque.

AE could easily take an HM or Landon and add in shifter pad, ankle cups, better toe cup and crush resistant shank. I'd know I'd get a couple pairs.

tcx_hero_wp_boots_vintage_brown_1800x1800.jpg

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any of you guys have experience with plantar fasciitis? Is my shoe game fucked permanently? Will I be able to put inserts in the shoes I have now? I know there’s a lot of variables here but I haven’t got the inserts yet so I don’t know.
I’ve dealt with PF a couple of times. I am a runner, so it impacted my ability to run.
The first time I had it, I tried everything—exercises, stretching, ice, etc. This went on for months. My doctor convinced me to try a cortisone shot, which helped almost immediately.
The second time that I had PF, I went straight for the shot.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score

I have it currently but perhaps a little ahead of you in terms of treatment. I am picking up orthotics next week, however mine is already about 75% better with the initial treatment, which was a combination of anti inflammatory meds plus, importantly, a boot that goes above the knee and immobilizes the ankle, knee, and foot. There is also a wedge for the big toe that helps stretch the tendon while in the boot. I think it helped a lot.

Ashley_S

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.

We've seen some talk about the closure of some of our outlet centers recently and wanted to shed some light on that topic...

Outlet centers have changed over the years. As you know, many outlet stores carry lesser product that is produced specifically to be sold at a lower price. Meanwhile, we continue to produce the majority of our products ourselves and our outlets carry true factory seconds.

This means:
1. We can't build a model for the outlet stores. What they carry is a byproduct of our mistakes. This makes size integrity and class integrity hard to maintain.
2. The quality of the materials is the same as the shoes our full-line stores and website carry, so the cost of goods is the same. Our price points are higher than the "outlet customer" is historically used to paying, as a result. Consequently, a large portion of the sales in our outlet stores is done with customers who are not walking through the doors. That makes physical store location a tough thing to nail.

We've closed a handful of outlets to get the outlet store count to a place that makes sense for now, and that we can build from. That might mean some non-traditional physical sites in the future. Warehouse space, mixed use, etc. The brick and mortar retail landscape is definitely evolving. It has been for years, and the consumer responses post-pandemic will likely accelerate those changes.

I can assure you we are not going to stop making our own shoes. If anything, we're exploring ways to expand the capability of our Wisconsin factory. (Did you know we've purchased new corner-stitching machinery in Port and are test producing Strand sneakers there?)

Another guarantee is we won't stop messing up some of the shoes we make (?) so outlet stores will continue to be an important part of our retail business - Just not as many as we had in the past.

Port, Brookfield, Charleston, and Mebane remain open, so I encourage you to support those businesses as you can.

Last edited:

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.

We've seen some talk about the closure of some of our ouylet centers recently and wanted to shed some light on that topic...

Outlet centers have changed over the years. As you know, many outlet stores carry lesser product that is produced specifically to be sold at a lower price. Meanwhile, we continue to produce the majority of our products ourselves and our outlets carry true factory seconds.

This means:
1. We can't build a model for the outlet stores. What they carry is a byproduct of our mistakes. This makes size integrity and class integrity hard to maintain.
2. The quality of the materials is the same as the shoes our full-line stores and website carry, so the cost of goods is the same. Our price points are higher than the "outlet customer" is historically used to paying, as a result. Consequently, a large portion of the sales in our outlet stores is done with customers who are not walking through the doors. That makes physical store location a tough thing to nail.

We've closed a handful of outlets to get the outlet store count to a place that makes sense for now, and that we can build from. That might mean some non-traditional physical sites in the future. Warehouse space, mixed use, etc. The brick and mortar retail landscape is definitely evolving. It has been for years, and the consumer responses post-pandemic will likely accelerate those changes.

I can assure you we are not going to stop making our own shoes. If anything, we're exploring ways to expand the capability of our Wisconsin factory. (Did you know we've purchased new corner-stitching machinery in Port and are test producing Strand sneakers there?)

Another guarantee is we won't stop messing up some of the shoes we make (?) so outlet stores will continue to be an important part of our retail business - Just not as many as we had in the past.
Port, Brookfield, Charleston, and Mebane remain open, so I encourage you to support those businesses as you can.
I was sad to see Florida go. Tom was always kind to me.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’ve dealt with PF a couple of times. I am a runner, so it impacted my ability to run.
The first time I had it, I tried everything—exercises, stretching, ice, etc. This went on for months. My doctor convinced me to try a cortisone shot, which helped almost immediately.
The second time that I had PF, I went straight for the shot.
Funny, but my doc years ago, recommended trying everything but the cortisone. Another foot injury later in life and he did a cortisone shot which, as you observed, worked within hours. My son, a Doctor of Physical Therapy, has told me not to do too many cortisone injections in one area as they could have adverse effects. I'm an IT guy, so have no idea what they may be, but I CAN fix his internet when it F's up :)

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey guys.

We've seen some talk about the closure of some of our outlet centers recently and wanted to shed some light on that topic...

This means:

Sneakers in PW seems logical. My bigger question is: will Neumok and Strandmok be the dress shoe of the future? How long will standard dress shoes lead the way?

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey guys.

This means:

Are those the only outlet stores currently open? I have not had good luck with the staff at Brookfield (closest to me although a 4 hour one way drive). If I'm going to drive 4 hours, might as well hit the full retail store in Pfister Hotel in Milwaukee, better service, better selection, but full retail price.

Ashley_S

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are those the only outlet stores currently open? I have not had good luck with the staff at Brookfield (closest to me although a 4 hour one way drive). If I'm going to drive 4 hours, might as well hit the full retail store in Pfister Hotel in Milwaukee, better service, better selection, but full retail price.
When was the last time you shopped with Brookfield? They've had a total staff renewal over the last few years and that store is excellent. Give them a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads