• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My first Father's Day. I'll probably only leave this up for a day. Can you tell which AE shoes I'm wearing?

IMG_3173.png

Last edited:

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Father’s Day.

I decided I’d wear these fuzzy Fairhaven’s again (with an unfortunate sock miscalculation):

WmhYOlb.jpg

Because my shoe collection is now at a point where I couldn’t dig out the damn box of this unworn pair that I had planned to wear:

tDTCjVK.jpg

You know that you might have jumped the shark when you have a brand-new pair, that’s been sitting for like 3 years, that you’d like to finally wear… and you can’t get them out in time before needing to leave for a family Father’s Day BBQ.

(Try telling your wife you’ll need an extra 30 min to get ready, because you need to play Tetris with all the shoe boxes in one of two closets you’ve stuffed full of shoes…)

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just getting a breather from everyone at the house. It may be Father’s Day but Grandpa still has to go get the wings.
5F550455-996F-49F9-AA8C-D7FAE3BAAF3C.jpeg

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just getting a breather from everyone at the house. It may be Father’s Day but Grandpa still has to go get the wings.
View attachment 1627810
AE TS20.2 hotness! My only regret from that trunk show was not buying more models in Marbled Dark Cognac! These Landon's look amazing!!! Hope that @ae_ashley can still offer these wonderful Trunk Shows for years to come!

SJTM

Reaction score
After a long hiatus from spending any funds on my wardrobe, I am now (semi) retired and have a bit more time for personal pleasures. Among the various pastimes I have decided to spend more effort on a few non profit service organization boards that I had served on in the past. Beyond the good that they do, they give me an excuse to refocus on my "business casual" attire. With my recent change in lifestyle ( and a new personal trainer) I have also managed to lose about 30 lbs as well as shift a few lbs to their proper place. Just the excuse I needed to focus on my wardrobe.

Along with some new clothes, I have also added about nine pair of AE's to my current collection ( including a pair of olive/walnut Woolymoks yesterday after seeing Shoenuts post).

However, I am unfamiliar with the "trunk shows" people refer to on this forum. What are they, and when and where do they occur? It sounds as if they present an opportunity to custom order styles in leathers / colors not otherwise available. Is this the case?

While I have a decent complement of shoes ( about 30 pair, mostly AE with a few Meermin, Tecovas and To Boot), I could certainly make room for one or two more.,

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
After a long hiatus from spending any funds on my wardrobe, I am now (semi) retired and have a bit more time for personal pleasures. Among the various pastimes I have decided to spend more effort on a few non profit service organization boards that I had served on in the past. Beyond the good that they do, they give me an excuse to refocus on my "business casual" attire. With my recent change in lifestyle ( and a new personal trainer) I have also managed to lose about 30 lbs as well as shift a few lbs to their proper place. Just the excuse I needed to focus on my wardrobe.

Along with some new clothes, I have also added about nine pair of AE's to my current collection ( including a pair of olive/walnut Woolymoks yesterday after seeing Shoenuts post).

However, I am unfamiliar with the "trunk shows" people refer to on this forum. What are they, and when and where do they occur? It sounds as if they present an opportunity to custom order styles in leathers / colors not otherwise available. Is this the case?

While I have a decent complement of shoes ( about 30 pair, mostly AE with a few Meermin, Tecovas and To Boot), I could certainly make room for one or two more.,
Stick around, the Trunk Shows are announced here. Generally when AE Ashley starts polling about ideas, the Trunk show is around the corner.

SJTM

Reaction score
Thanks for letting me know. Just met Ashley by phone last month and she was very helpful with two pair of seconds (first time buying seconds). Will stay alert for the next opportunity as I think I am ready for my first pair of shell cordovan boots,

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks for letting me know. Just met Ashley by phone last month and she was very helpful with two pair of seconds (first time buying seconds). Will stay alert for the next opportunity as I think I am ready for my first pair of shell cordovan boots,
Don’t forget to be on the lookout for possible Group Made to Order. GMTO. We got guys begging for football grain, older styles, and more exotic leathers. AE is more willing as of late to make some newer ideas with enthusiasts in mind. Wool and Olive tanned leather was introduced with the hope of catching a wider audience. But the core enthusiasts give AE less risk with these types of introductions. The Landon had a decent GMTO. Shark/Shell LandSharks. The final offering was great, unfortunately it was a hard concept for many of the guys to take that $725 chance.
E50E10B1-2523-4458-8879-AB13E51C23EE.jpeg

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don’t forget to be on the lookout for possible Group Made to Order. GMTO. We got guys begging for football grain, older styles, and more exotic leathers. AE is more willing as of late to make some newer ideas with enthusiasts in mind. Wool and Olive tanned leather was introduced with the hope of catching a wider audience. But the core enthusiasts give AE less risk with these types of introductions. The Landon had a decent GMTO. Shark/Shell LandSharks. The final offering was great, unfortunately it was a hard concept for many of the guys to take that $725 chance.
View attachment 1627912
Magnificent… I need to pick mine up from bedos

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Modified maiden voyage of some boots that have been languishing in my closet for months.

Color 8 cap toe from Moulded Shoe; this is the Modified last version of the infamous J. Crew boot and honestly I think it's better (heretic!). All eyelets and a pull tab.

Modified just disappears on the foot like Trubalance.

PXL_20210620_161747095.jpg
PXL_20210620_161800444.jpg
PXL_20210620_161808839.jpg
PXL_20210620_161816545.jpg

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1627912
Did someone say “football grain?”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics