• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fancy a Plymouth? 201 is a winner.
C2D677FC-9B1D-4F0A-AFE0-C7D246FD74C2.jpeg

Leiker

Reaction score
Interests in order of money blown...
I started collecting Jeep CJs when my kids were young & enjoyed riding w/ the top-down. They learned how to work on cars and drive a stick, starting at about 6 y.o. Switched to Toyota$ some years ago...
View attachment 1625665

I started collecting as a teenager. They're little marvels of engineering and art / craftsmanship.
View attachment 1625668
I've read many guys writings about getting into shoes as an alternative to watch collecting. Compared to watches, shoes are a bargain.

Perhaps a Southern thing, but I've always appreciated well-made firearms. I call them "heirloom quality" (a phrase I coined to try to stop my (ex)wife from complaining). Of all my hobby-related expenditures, my guns have actually appreciated in value while most others are $-pits.
View attachment 1625672

My newest shiny rock. Been dabbling in paintings mainly, from Artists / locales that capture my attention. This hobby can catapult to first place in expediture pretty quickly.
View attachment 1625671

I'm fascinated by the engineering marvels of the 1970's in film cameras. Mainly 120 film but also 35mm. It's like a time-machine when I use them in public. Folks are dumbfounded by these devices.
View attachment 1625719
View attachment 1625720 View attachment 1625721

I've got too many to count (just like shoes).

And, of course, shoes...
View attachment 1625734
View attachment 1625735

Other afflictions exist, but these are the most serious.
Beautiful NOLA shotgun home; who's the artist?

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thursday June 17th is National Seersucker Day.

Seersucker comes from India and has the word "suck" in it, so went someplace that sucks and had a Chicken Curry Pie.

IMG_6849.jpeg

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures.

IMG_6845.jpeg

For those who may be wondering where the shoe picture is, fortunately we all know what white suede Nomads look like.

Have no idea how this happened. The trousers are in focus but the shoes and carpeting aren't in focus.

IMG_6848.jpeg

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This might surprise some of you, given that I don't love most of the sneakers. However, these reminded me too much of growing up in Kansas and being a Royals fan. I always loved the road uniforms in the late 80s, early 90s. I'm not sure if the size I ordered is correct, but for $89, it was worth a shot. Interestingly, I do not remember this color ever being shown in AE's website. Does anyone else remember this color?
0400013998175_A1

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
I think I have 8 pairs of AE MacNeil’s, these are my favourite.

My pig bristle brush had some brown polish residue on it and created a Halloween colour that was unexpectedly pleasant.

Attachments

• F6FB2571-1C2A-4039-B3A7-072C665CD9E9.jpeg
    F6FB2571-1C2A-4039-B3A7-072C665CD9E9.jpeg
    286.4 KB · Views: 25

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This might surprise some of you, given that I don't love most of the sneakers. However, these reminded me too much of growing up in Kansas and being a Royals fan. I always loved the road uniforms in the late 80s, early 90s. I'm not sure if the size I ordered is correct, but for $89, it was worth a shot. Interestingly, I do not remember this color ever being shown in AE's website. Does anyone else remember this color?
0400013998175_A1

Possibly a third party exclusive. There was a pale blue, but I thought it was a bit more grey powder blue. I liked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads