• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LaOLyVN.jpg

I think (and that’s ultimately what matters) these look great and they fit just like any other (properly sized) 65 last shoe.

Quick and dirty photos on the foot:
N9qjfx0.jpg

tA4C2Dt.jpg

caP0xVm.jpg

Even in full exaggerated step, they break nicely:
ac1tpo8.jpg

Now for brutal truth:

I’m sorry to say, for some people, even with 4 grand custom lasted bespoke wonders, wholecuts just don’t work:
bespoke-shoes.jpg

(Apologies to “The Shoe Snob”.)

Interesting model!

I just wish the perforations didn't make it look like a bicycle toe.

Rithrin

Reaction score
Jet is a Carmina man. :D
Hence the spoiler over it! Gotcha. It's heresy to say it in this thread, I know, but one of these days I have to get to a Carmina store. The Carmina sizing thread didn't help much converting AE sizes to Carmina, so very hesitant to try any online ordering.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today...

AE Landon Cap Toe Boots in shaved brown shell cordovan on double JR soles:

20210615_123926.jpg

20210615_124013.jpg

20210615_124034.jpg

My pants today are light olive - a color much more interesting in reality than what the camera awkwardly reproduces.

20210615_124839.jpg

Last edited:

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that actually a 65? Is this the Dover from before?
Jet is a Carmina man. :D

In fairness, I’d say I am a Carmina and an AE man. I try not to count, but I’m probably pretty close to half and half.
The spoilered shoe is on the Simpson last; to my taste a wholecut benefits from a tapered, low toe, which is often a chisel or soft chisel.
My other pair of wholecuts is AE on the 333, not quite as sculpted but with a more aggressive toe:
C8240F4A-980D-46BE-8AAE-EE8ADDFAD05A.jpeg

Also, socks:
AEBB7A3A-2462-41D7-A7AE-00B1A5119A52.jpeg

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today...

AE Landon Cap Toe Boots in shaved brown shell cordovan on double JR soles:

View attachment 1624912
View attachment 1624913
View attachment 1624914
My pants today are light olive - a color much more interesting in reality than what the camera awkwardly reproduces.

I'm not the biggest shell fan out there, but I'm really kicking myself over not getting something in the shaved brown from last year's trunk show. Those Landons you have are absolute fire. Great make up and execution (well, outside of not getting a v-tread sole on them).

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hence the spoiler over it! Gotcha. It's heresy to say it in this thread, I know, but one of these days I have to get to a Carmina store. The Carmina sizing thread didn't help much converting AE sizes to Carmina, so very hesitant to try any online ordering.

I think I’m one of the main folks that provides AE-Carmina conversions (especially for D width) - feel free to PM me if I can help. I may have missed it on the Carmina thread, especially if it was one of the time periods where everyone was griping about QC and/or communications.

Short version: Simpson in 10E UK fits very similar to the 65 in 11D US.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think I’m one of the main folks that provides AE-Carmina conversions (especially for D width) - feel free to PM me if I can help. I may have missed it on the Carmina thread, especially if it was one of the time periods where everyone was griping about QC and/or communications.

Short version: Simpson in 10E UK fits very similar to the 65 in 11D US.
He's one of my fit brothers...I gave him the marginal fit possibly news. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads