• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel I'm becoming a little like @Shoes4play. I wonder where he is these days. I haven't worn either of these Parks yet. Part of me likes looking at them in this mint condition, but I know shoes need to be worn.

IMG_3157.JPG

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bradley on a Monday morning. AE dog socks worth more than the coin.
A08F3812-D83F-4EF6-B4B0-85327C0B5D90.jpeg

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Olive Acheson with no socks whatsoever

View attachment 1624008

I picked up a pair of Acheson's 2nd's in Dark Chili. Not sure I'd be able to wear any sort of sock in them so hopefully they don't blister me.

Also added some Williamsburg's in Coffee, Strand Weave 2nd's in Dark Chili and had a Crosby Street in Carbon that will be going back due to a split seam.

I should have picked up something in Carbon, it's a nice color.

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t feel like wholecuts get the love around here that they deserve. So here is a pair of AE Hastings 1255 Chili Antibes Calf (under super bright lights, for some reason).

qf5etS3.jpg

L53bEMp.jpg

dFvrWY7.jpg

JV4wmBa.jpg

The leather quality and execution on these is superb.
9N0GTQS.jpg

They were featured on the cover of the Spring 2005 AE Catalog:
zdQVIrL.jpg

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don’t feel like wholecuts get the love around here that they deserve. So here is a pair of AE Hastings 1255 Chili Antibes Calf (under super bright lights, for some reason).

qf5etS3.jpg

L53bEMp.jpg

dFvrWY7.jpg

JV4wmBa.jpg

The leather quality and execution on these is superb.
9N0GTQS.jpg

They were featured on the cover of the Spring 2005 AE Catalog:
zdQVIrL.jpg
These are a better rendition than their last try. But having said that, there are very few makers that can produce an attractive and wearable wholecut. The silhouette of the shoe is everything. Many attractive wholecuts are plain uncomfortable because our feet don’t fit the shape. AE has not put in the time and attention that is needed to perfect such a style.

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are a better rendition than their last try. But having said that, there are very few makers that can produce an attractive and wearable wholecut. The silhouette of the shoe is everything. Many attractive wholecuts are plain uncomfortable because our feet don’t fit the shape. AE has not put in the time and attention that is needed to perfect such a style.

LaOLyVN.jpg

I think (and that’s ultimately what matters) these look great and they fit just like any other (properly sized) 65 last shoe.

Quick and dirty photos on the foot:
N9qjfx0.jpg

tA4C2Dt.jpg

caP0xVm.jpg

Even in full exaggerated step, they break nicely:
ac1tpo8.jpg

Now for brutal truth:

I’m sorry to say, for some people, even with 4 grand custom lasted bespoke wonders, wholecuts just don’t work:
bespoke-shoes.jpg

(Apologies to “The Shoe Snob”.)

EdwardWilson

Reaction score

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads