• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you have a full shot of this? Jacket as well?
943B007C-15BC-4832-AD0D-6C83ED6327B1.jpeg

No, sorry. Perhaps this will help some. Pardon the exploding (hand rolled Irish linen) square. Fixed post-photo.

linen shirt is Falconable, I think.

Razorback tie (the Super Regionals begin tomorrow) is a mid-60’s era “LeBil’s” in the highly desirable 100% polyester material (hey, it helped get us to the moon) located by a friend at the Fayetteville Goodwill (I think I reimbursed her the $1.00 she paid).

See, if you are going to wear seersucker, you need to go whole hog or not at all. There can’t be no half-steppin.’

ULCajun

Reaction score
Maybe next Thursday is the Seersucker Thursday in Congress that Trent Lott started up back in the ‘90’s.

I’ll do it next Thursday as well. It’s starting to warm up.
Huh all this time I was giving credit to Bill Cassidy.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since Congress has declared Thursday June 17th as Seersucker Thursday, will wait until next Thursday to wear seersucker as well as find an appropriate way to celebrate Seersucker Thursday. Since seersucker comes from India and has the word "suck" in it, was thinking about going to a restaurant that sucks and ordering curry.

Meanwhile, in Missouri, every Wednesday is Seersucker Wednesday.

For those who want to see seersucker pictures today, a picture taken in Arizona (where almost every day is seersucker day) in 2018.

Since someone always asks, the socks are from Golf Knickers.

P1110913.jpeg

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since Congress has declared Thursday June 17th as Seersucker Thursday, will wait until next Thursday to wear seersucker as well as find an appropriate way to celebrate Seersucker Thursday. Since seersucker comes from India and has the word "suck" in it, was thinking about going to a restaurant that sucks and ordering curry.

For those who want to see seersucker pictures today, a picture taken in Arizona (where almost every day is seersucker day) in 2018.

View attachment 1622833
Well played Sir, as always.
:cheers:

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Serious question:

what color pants would you match with a very light blue (Carolina blue) belt?

Maybe something in a Duke dark blue and black Prince of Wales plaid?

• Angry
Reactions: EZB

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1622833

You, Good Sir, are a god damned American national treasure.

dpgaloot

Reaction score
Happy Thursday gents,

I envy all of you celebrating seersucker day. After working for a bank and then moving to a tech company a decade ago, I have pretty much retired my business attire wardrobe. I tell myself that it is a deliberate choice, that the 30 pounds I have gained in the past 10 years have nothing to do with the fact that I don't wear my business wear anymore. Also, I am only saving all of it for sentimental memories and not in some vain hope I reverse time and shrink back into being able to button any of it. I am not to damn stubborn to replace it, I choose not to.

An oddball today, but a comfortable one. Winnetka from about 2012.

Winnetka_2_25.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads