• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coffandcig

Reaction score
That's amazing customer service. I dont own any shoes from the other company that starts what an A, but people like to bash AE and say the other company is better.
I browse the other thread and I dont see anyone getting treated with the level of care that is offered over here!
@ae_ashley really does take things to a new height of customer support. Now if she could remind me to pack my boots before I leave for a trip...

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very pleased with this maiden voyage from the big sale
1C1EC24E-FA8A-4398-A222-4FF5492B4B83.jpeg

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're a national treasure, friend.

Thank you. Now I feel guilty I wore Bass shoes today.

IMG_6653.jpeg

To try to make up for wearing Bass shoes, here's a picture for fans of car pictures in shoe threads.

IMG_6657.jpeg

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So interesting thing, I was at the shoe store this morning because I need new sandals to beat around the house and for fun I stepped on the brannock device.
It said heel-toe is exactly 12, heel-ball is 13, and width looked like B/C.

If I buy sneakers I can't wear a 12, there is no room in the toe box, even in most 13's my toes are at the very end of the shoe.

My Jinglebellmok's are a 12E and they are snug, big V-gap and almost pinch where the wings meet the welt.

Higgins Mill 12D I need to shoe horn in my foot and had to switch to round laces to more easily loosen the boot to get my foot in and out, they are snug all over and basically the exact size of my foot

Pattons 12D room for days, super comfortable.

Other Strandmok's 12.5 D and E thinking since they have been breaking in D is a better fit now that they are loosening up.

Dalton's 13D, thinking if I tried a 12 I would need to start at EE, because they are snug width wise.

Nomad shortwings 13D, though these fit well 42N last I believe?

Long story short I'm all over the place and still haven't nailed down my size or a last that works well for me.
Reading this and trying to figure out why you are trying to fit your feet into size 12 anything when you’re a size 13.
0391BBC8-E920-48E1-AF20-B2CB025AA5E5.gif

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's amazing customer service. I dont own any shoes from the other company that starts what an A, but people like to bash AE and say the other company is better.
I browse the other thread and I dont see anyone getting treated with the level of care that is offered over here!

Ae has amazing customer care. I can attest to this.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Going with good old Florsheim today.
83C659E2-E05C-45CF-A88C-726FE04119D4.jpeg
Now, just a simple question? What kind of underwear is she wearing?
78AC81FE-4513-4C48-A3D7-425EFCA06ED8.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads