• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpgaloot

Reaction score
Hi friends, I've been keeping up around here but slow to post recently. Seeing the light at the end of the tunnel with all this work stuff going on...

I did snap a Wingtip Wednesday picture but neglected to get it posted. Navy suede MacNeils:

MacNeil_Navy_5_25.jpg

Olive suede HMs for today heading into the weekend:

HM_Olive_25.jpg

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing snuff suede Neumoks today.

View attachment 1609902

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures, a tree, some roses and me. Lo and behold, once again my shoes and belt do not match.

View attachment 1609906

No food picture today since had two things on my forehead frozen at UCLA Medical Center and didn't want anyone out there in cyberspace to see the two red things (which are small in this picture) up close.

Will now try to make up for the missing food picture, for fans of technology pictures in shoe threads, a picture of some iPhones and me at the Apple Store in the Century City (West Los Angeles) mall.

View attachment 1609912

Took the iMac, iPad, and iPhone to the Apple Store to have them updated. The internet connection (AT&T) where I am staying is so slow couldn't update anything. It's like being on dial up again,

It was nice to once again see the iMac zipping around the internet instead of having time to get something to eat while waiting for a webpage to open, if it opens at all.

Hey man, hope the biopsy results were good and you're feeling fine! Looking good as always!

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wearing snuff suede Neumoks today.

View attachment 1609902

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures, a tree, some roses and me. Lo and behold, once again my shoes and belt do not match.

View attachment 1609906

No food picture today since had two things on my forehead frozen at UCLA Medical Center and didn't want anyone out there in cyberspace to see the two red things (which are small in this picture) up close.

Will now try to make up for the missing food picture, for fans of technology pictures in shoe threads, a picture of some iPhones and me at the Apple Store in the Century City (West Los Angeles) mall.

View attachment 1609912

Took the iMac, iPad, and iPhone to the Apple Store to have them updated. The internet connection (AT&T) where I am staying is so slow couldn't update anything. It's like being on dial up again,

It was nice to once again see the iMac zipping around the internet instead of having time to get something to eat while waiting for a webpage to open, if it opens at all.
Always LOVE your posts and sorry your internet is slow. In 2021, there is no excuse for slow internet from a major carrier like AT&T, no excuse at all in a metropolitan area. Glad your Mac is now up to date and also love the footwear.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Friday full strap

PXL_20210514_134017286.jpg
PXL_20210514_133509634.jpg
PXL_20210514_133514763.jpg

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t need any more shoes, but I would love to see Allen Edmonds make a brown shell blucher in a shortwing or some other type of brogue.

Agreed. This type of shoe style is sorely lacking in the market these days.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dude! Of course Patriots rock! Or rule! Or whatever the kids are saying,
but that Reverso! I'm chasing that watch - trying to decide between SS or Au. I'll have one before years' end...
Thanks! You can see my choice... yellow gold (not pink). I’d like to get an SS for when I wear silver tone belts

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hoping to catch some rain on these today. Oh, never mind, my nieta has a better idea.
170983F5-87FF-41E1-A4C1-A9E9C867B5D4.jpeg
72CFD3DB-027F-42CB-9974-BF65DEB4977B.jpeg

Left some patina she did.

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So interesting thing, I was at the shoe store this morning because I need new sandals to beat around the house and for fun I stepped on the brannock device.
It said heel-toe is exactly 12, heel-ball is 13, and width looked like B/C.

If I buy sneakers I can't wear a 12, there is no room in the toe box, even in most 13's my toes are at the very end of the shoe.

My Jinglebellmok's are a 12E and they are snug, big V-gap and almost pinch where the wings meet the welt.

Higgins Mill 12D I need to shoe horn in my foot and had to switch to round laces to more easily loosen the boot to get my foot in and out, they are snug all over and basically the exact size of my foot

Pattons 12D room for days, super comfortable.

Other Strandmok's 12.5 D and E thinking since they have been breaking in D is a better fit now that they are loosening up.

Dalton's 13D, thinking if I tried a 12 I would need to start at EE, because they are snug width wise.

Nomad shortwings 13D, though these fit well 42N last I believe?

Long story short I'm all over the place and still haven't nailed down my size or a last that works well for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads