• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So question about ae shark: where does Ae get its shark skins? I'm not an environmentalist or a tree-hugger, but I also like to be conscientious. @ae_ashley can you hook me up with some details for future ae shark purchases?
They are sourced ethically. I am sure she put out something with better wording but rest assured nothing devious about the source.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A little more casual today.
644B0D38-8DEE-4336-B000-1D52EE1908FF.jpeg

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are sourced ethically. I am sure she put out something with better wording but rest assured nothing devious about the source.

Thanks dude. That's good to hear. You know: as shark has some bad practices in China associated with it.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Better late than never:

I was able to find out that the shark we use is sourced from Mexico and is wild caught/sustainably harvested.

Hope that helps.
Thanks dude. That's good to hear. You know: as shark has some bad practices in China associated with it.
They're Mexican sharks. I would bet blue shark.

That said, that shark had been sitting around for 6+ years...we don't know for sure that there will be more shark offerings.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're Mexican sharks. I would bet blue shark.

That said, that shark had been sitting around for 6+ years...we don't know for sure that there will be more shark offerings.

Thank you!

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was reading a couple of denim posts on SF last night instead of working on spreadsheets because, hey, you can only look at cells for so long before they all look the same. Anyway, there was mention of Levi's 501 STF modern iterations being vastly inferior to the good old stuff. I bought my first pair of 501s in 1986 and they were probably the best pair of jeans I ever owned. I've been chasing that denim ever since. Bought a couple pairs a few years back and found that they really didn't shrink enough and really don't fit right, but I might as well wear them anyway during WFH days because, hey, why not? Of course, now that I'm wearing them, I'm thinking that instead of buying my jeans as STF, I really should be taking my doughy/COVID-y self and trying to STF my own measurements and then give things another go-round with a smaller size.

So, please enjoy the SMU suede MacNeils paired with recent-era STF 501s that fail on pretty much every level. Took this shot when I took Phoebe out for a zoom session between conference calls. She promptly came back inside and threw up. I'm trying not to take it personally.

IMG_4855.jpg

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What CURRENT styles are most appealing to you? What would you like to see in shell?
Late to the party and don't buy shell but for most appealing for me Is the Hamilton and Patton. No longer in production 5th Street.

The one thing that might get me to spend full MSRP is a boot like this on the 65 or 1943 last.

576_ORSON_BOTA_MARRON-MEDIO_L.jpg

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question for the weasels. I’m looking at groom suits soon for my California DTLA wedding and thinking about the following:

blue/light navy suit
contrasting waistcoat
dark blue bow tie (prob with some pattern)

for shoes, was thinking burgundy for something different but open to ideas. any thoughts on style/color? (AE or other)

My vote would be for black oxfords.

though I do love me some burgundy. Grayson in shell.

3ABCA159-99E2-462F-AB88-1C868953CB85.jpeg

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Got 2 pairs of Fifth Aves, walnut and black, and kinda regret not forking over the extra $ and getting shell black Park Aves instead of the black Fifths during the sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads