• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
Cmon guys, give Ashley a break. I’d be willing to bet AE has told her trunk shows and such are limited to current models. If not I’d be asking for Cornwallis or Bradley.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing khaki grain McTavishes today.

IMG_6613.jpeg

Some of you may have recognized that as the floor at Los Angeles Union Passenger Terminal.

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures, here I am standing in front of Los Angeles Union Passenger Terminal between trains.

IMG_6614.jpeg

Someday will finally figure out how to get the entire clock tower in the picture, as well as be sure to stand in the Sun rather than in the shade.

Since people keep asking how I take the pictures, took this one with the cell phone tripod mount and cell phone on top of the sundial.

IMG_6620.jpeg

For fans of food pictures in shoe threads, a scone, tea, and me at the Tea Rose Garden in Pasadena CA.

IMG_6603.jpeg

Once again, my belt did not match my shoes. Wore the Logan Avenue belt I got from @BackInTheJox in 2017.

IMG_6628.jpeg

Sometimes wonder if A-E had made slighly narrower belts like this to coordinate with the woolly and leather parts of the various Wooley series shoes if they would have sold many.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another inaugural outing. Split toe Tuesday in Brassvello style; my first Plaza boot.

I can definitely see the draw for the Ravello versatility!

PXL_20210511_133422401.jpg
PXL_20210511_210152460.jpg
PXL_20210511_210155704.jpg
PXL_20210511_210203289.jpg

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cmon guys, give Ashley a break. I’d be willing to bet AE has told her trunk shows and such are limited to current models. If not I’d be asking for Cornwallis or Bradley.
She also asked for current models, they are not looking to break old patterns out of the cob webs, plus in order to offer stuff to current customers it needs to be something people are familiar with..

I came into AE and this thread well after the webgem and MTO days, so I'm only interested in opening my wallet so far based on fit knowledge of current models, I wont gamble $700+ for grail shell I dont know if it will fit, hence the current models request, so please keep this in mind, beg for what you want currently, and beg for a webgem for all the OG's as a side thing

Just my .002

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unpopular answer... I think the current assortment is such that it's pretty hard to come up with something interesting to consider for shell. Maybe the grayson or as previously mentioned strand/strandmok.

As previously discussed, for a split toe the Walton would be super in shell. This is a pair below that was posted in the vintage thread yesterday by @wasmisterfu would also be a great shell makeup. These are on the 65 last.

View attachment 1608250
Yeah, those are (my) Brentwood’s / Seneca’s (same style number, different names depending on era). They would be amazing in shell.

barutanseijin

Reaction score
She also asked for current models, they are not looking to break old patterns out of the cob webs, plus in order to offer stuff to current customers it needs to be something people are familiar with..

I came into AE and this thread well after the webgem and MTO days, so I'm only interested in opening my wallet so far based on fit knowledge of current models, I wont gamble $700+ for grail shell I dont know if it will fit, hence the current models request, so please keep this in mind, beg for what you want currently, and beg for a webgem for all the OG's as a side thing

Just my .002

Well, see, the problem is that there isn’t anything currently offered that interests me. A McNeil would, especially in shell. So i’m going to ask for it.

KarlHungus

Reaction score
What CURRENT styles are most appealing to you? What would you like to see in shell?

For shell, a clean double monk (no brogueing) like the Marin or a short wing blucher like the New York Travel wingtip (not sure if there are issues if this is made outside of US).

Also agree Sullivan Street in mixed shell / suede or shell / grain calf would be fantastic

Baz72

Reaction score
Wearing khaki grain McTavishes today.

View attachment 1608318

Some of you may have recognized that as the floor at Los Angeles Union Passenger Terminal.

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures, here I am standing in front of Los Angeles Union Passenger Terminal between trains.

View attachment 1608319

Someday will finally figure out how to get the entire clock tower in the picture, as well as be sure to stand in the Sun rather than in the shade.

Since people keep asking how I take the pictures, took this one with the cell phone tripod mount and cell phone on top of the sundial.

View attachment 1608320

For fans of food pictures in shoe threads, a scone, tea, and me at the Tea Rose Garden in Pasadena CA.

View attachment 1608321

Once again, my belt did not match my shoes. Wore the Logan Avenue belt I got from @BackInTheJox in 2017.

View attachment 1608322

Sometimes wonder if A-E had made slighly narrower belts like this to coordinate with the woolly and leather parts of the various Wooley series shoes if they would have sold many.

My day is not complete until I see one of your adventures. You make the world a better place. Keep doing your thing Roycru.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads