• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
83ECB069-AA58-41E7-B052-3A2F3837A131.jpeg
Randolph, Cousin Eddie Edition

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Is there a lot more wear in the center of the soles than shows in pics, or for a sole change?
The left shoe is starting to get squishy in the center.

That is often what wears out first because it is the foot most people swivel on when getting in and out of the car [in countries where we have left hand drive cars].

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last night, I did something I haven't done in probably 15 months or so - went out to a bar with friends I've known for 30+ years. We used to have a monthly get-together at the same greasy, nasty bar we used to drink in during our "almost-legal" phases of life. Only 5 of the 10 of us made it, but we we're all fully vaxxed and the bar was maybe at 10% capacity, so no one besides the waitress came within 20 feet of us. It was just a weird, but fun, experience.

Anyway, since I was going to be around friends that I'm totally comfortable with, I figured I should wear my most comfortable pair of AEs. Like me, they're more wrinkled and dinged up than they were just a few short years ago, but they have a ton of character, which makes them much more interesting.

IMG_4844.jpg

MrOxford

Reaction score
The AE shoe lust continues......I got F2 (factory 2nds), today! I had to shamelessly manhandle Mr. Copper-Strand-Weave with Bicky 4 (skin moisturizer). LoL.

What was the defect? Well.....from my inspection, the defect was during the outsole stitching at the toe box area. See the picture of the bottom of the shoe. From the top of the shoe, you will notice the stitching at the welt was very close to the outer edge of the welt. I actually welcome defects on the outsole area because when I send them to a cobbler, I give the cobbler directions for new welt and new JR outsoles.

For Canadians lurking here, buy at shoebank.com. The reason is duty and taxes is cheaper coming from FedEX verses the Borderfree's duty and taxes. Borderfree,$90 CAD. FedEx from Shoe Bank about $35 CAD for one pair of shoes. It's your money. Feel free to shop at Allen Edmonds main website, if you want to pay the higher fees from Borderfree.

Now..........to the skin pics........... for today. :)

Attachments

• IMG_2890.JPG
    IMG_2890.JPG
    437.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2891.JPG
    IMG_2891.JPG
    413.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2894.JPG
    IMG_2894.JPG
    329.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2895.JPG
    IMG_2895.JPG
    258.3 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2896.JPG
    IMG_2896.JPG
    423.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2897.JPG
    IMG_2897.JPG
    598.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2898.JPG
    IMG_2898.JPG
    420.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2899.JPG
    IMG_2899.JPG
    521.6 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

MrOxford

Reaction score
Cross post from Alden thread.

A newly retired resident of PA,
explained to his wife the value of Scotch grain.
She said "you have closets of shell,
suede, calf and Alpine as well,
and this obsession with shoes is making me insane.

Happy Friday

View attachment 1606079
You should give her a hug for noticing your shoe collection. :) By the way, love the Scotch grain.;)

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds just like Dirty Nellie’s!!! Guess it isn’t called that anymore…;)

I haven't been to Dirty Nellie's in probably 20 years, since one of my buddies who was in this group played in a metal band there a bunch of times. think it's pretty similar to Dirty Nellie's which now, sadly, is just called "Nellies" - how lame is that b.s.? This place used to be called "Rocky Vanders" back in the day, but is now "Rocky's American Grill." Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing (made in 1984) Oakmont saddle shoes again today.

IMG_6583.jpeg

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures, in Holmby Park earlier today.

Before the pandemic there were giant cannas growing behind this bench that blocked the view of trash cans.

IMG_6581.jpeg

Prior to 2013 there was a British blog called "Look At My ******* Red Trousers" which classified all red trouser wearers as toffs, hipsters, lunatics, notable wearers, or in McDonald's

If the blog still existed and this picture ended up in the blog, hope I would be classified in with the toffs.

Once again my belt did not match my shoes. Wore a Vineyard Vines mermaid belt today.

IMG_6586.jpg

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1606379

Before the pandemic there were giant cannas growing behind this bench that blocked the view of trash cans.

View attachment 1606380

Prior to 2013 there was a British blog called "Look At My ******* Red Trousers" which classified all red trouser wearers as toffs, hipsters, lunatics, notable wearers, or in McDonald's

If the blog still existed and this picture ended up in the blog, hope I would be classified in with the toffs.

Once again my belt did not match my shoes. Wore a Vineyard Vines mermaid belt today.

View attachment 1606381

I, too, like mermaid broads!

bluejazzmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1606379

View attachment 1606380

View attachment 1606381

The red is sexy and you rock it..

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

View attachment 1606379

View attachment 1606380

View attachment 1606381

Is that Nantucket red?
You obviously know how to pair it with an entire outfit which is a skill that most people do not have.
Chapeau

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Anybody know how to clean pinot noir off a monitor?

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads