• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think a shell Walton would be more interesting... there are some floating around but very difficult to find (I'd like a pair if someone has them hidden away in a 10ish). There is also the Bradley, obviously. I don't think the Wilbert is an ideal choice for the TS.

View attachment 1605117

@ae_ashley, the Walton WOULD be interesting in shell. That pair above are beautiful. It is the ONLY shoe on the 73 last and one of the only shoes that fits my odd feet. Sadly, it appears it is following the MacNeil into oblivion. Send it off with style by including it in a TS in shell.

BespokeBrooklyn

Reaction score
Speaking of shell split toes, I just picked up the burgundy shell Bradleys I ordered during the anniversary sale. They look great (a crease across the left shoe, possibly from a previous try-on, is the only obvious flaw), and hopefully will prove to be the “navy blazer” level shoe I’ve been searching for for a while.

While I was at the store, I spoken to a sales associate who re-measured me on a Brannock device. I was told that I was two sizes longer and two widths narrower than I was the last time I was measured. I understand that many people are between sizes, and to some extent it may depend on the last of the particular shoe I told the sales associates I wanted to try on, but that difference between measurements just seems like a wild spread to me.

HCapLonghorn

Reaction score
Hey AE experts: I was looking at their loafers and was wondering if folks had a favorite model. Is there any one that stands out above the rest, or one to avoid?

#8 Patriots are my favorite, with Randolphs a close second as they are so versatile.

The Lake Forest was the worst of the bunch. but as others have alluded to, vamp on loafers is all the difference for comfort.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does wingtip Wednesday include half brogues? If so, here are my green shell strands.

IMG_20210505_2342049.jpg IMG_20210505_2207110.jpg

If not, here are:

IMG_20210430_1132315.jpg ] IMG_20210430_1145134.jpg IMG_20210430_1408336.jpg IMG_20210430_1119134.jpg

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
...While I was at the store, I spoken to a sales associate who re-measured me on a Brannock device. I was told that I was two sizes longer and two widths narrower than I was the last time I was measured. I understand that many people are between sizes, and to some extent it may depend on the last of the particular shoe I told the sales associates I wanted to try on, but that difference between measurements just seems like a wild spread to me.

I think it really depends on the experience of the SA, the fact that some people are difficult to fit, and the Brannock device [IME] gets you to a range rather than an exact size. I was measured by three different SAs at three different stores within a few weeks of each other and got wildly different measurements which is why it took me 30+ pairs of different styles on different lasts to finally figure out what works for me.

Last edited:

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Anybody need a weave?

And no, this is not a political statement* but rather a PSA that the Strand Weave is on closeout for $199.97

1620307168984.png
1620307217860.png

* If the shoes were called Strand Plugs, I would have posted a picture of Biden.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads