• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s still wet outside, but the rain should stop soon. I went with the chili shell HMs with Dainite soles.

E8EF7D8B-496D-4F1C-924D-6537109D65D9.jpeg

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey AE experts: I was looking at their loafers and was wondering if folks had a favorite model. Is there any one that stands out above the rest, or one to avoid?
Patriot is the best of the bunch. Oh never mind!

Check out Randolph for the full GYW treatment offered in a full range of sizes and widths. They have many others but most of them are offered in only one or two widths, which will limit your choices unless you have a peak of the bell curve foot.
The best loafer is the one that fits you best.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I find it interesting (or disturbing) how I can forget something about shoe care that as working so well for me at one time. I saw one of my 2019 posts about shell care and I said, "Get a horsehair brush, a little Collonil 1909 neutral and knee high panty hose and you have the basic tools." Oh yeah, panty hose! I had completely forgotten. They are wonderful for that last buff and they really help the shine. I used them religiously, but in the throws of selling my house, moving and different shoe habits from Covid, they dropped off my radar completely in the last year and a half. I shall pick up a pair at the dollar store today.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With 4 Maritimes & 2 Kirkwoods I think I was in the same boat as yourself - until I tried the Quoddy boat shoe. The Maritime is good, don't get me wrong. The Quoddy is just plain better. And I'm sure the Rancourt is too.

Yeah I will almost certainly get the Rancourt Read boat shoe when/if I'm due for another pair soon. Almost exact same styling as the Maritime, and I love Rancourt as a brand/company.

What I loved about the AE Maritimes is that at the time, they were on sale for 50% off. I got all 4 pairs for $125 (dark brown CXL, natural CXL, navy, light tan ("orange"). Actually I think the light tan/orange pair were $99.

Southwick

Reaction score
Wore the white suede Nomads again today since it was around 89F and I was going to be walking around outside for about three hours. The last the Nomad is made on is very comfortable for my size 8.5 EEEE foot when wearing size 9 EEE Nomads with A-E orthotic insoles in them.

View attachment 1604603

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures, a picture showing how well white suede Nomads go with white Angel's Trumpets.

View attachment 1604605

This picture also shows once again my belt does not match my shoes. Am wearing a Darcy Clothing Company snake belt. The most famous snake belt wearer was probably Rangi Ram on the British television series. "It Ain't Half Hot, Mum". He wore his snake belt on his turban.

Here's a picture of Battery Sergeant Major Williams and Rangi Ram wearing his snake belt on his turban.

View attachment 1604606

For fans of food pictures in shoe threads, a Chicken Curry Salad sandwich and me at Lemonade. Didn't think the sandwich was very good. It seemed to be around 95% apple, 3% chicken, and 2% cucumber. Have no idea why it came in a bowl instead of on a plate.

View attachment 1604615

The sandwich in the Lemonade advertisements on Facebook looks like it has more chicken in it as well as something orange color in it.

View attachment 1604618

For fans of car pictures in shoe threads, a picture I took on Friday when I went to the barber shop. It's the current version of the Bijan car, a yellow Rolls-Royce, parked in front of the Bijan store on Rodeo Drive. There are usually swarms of tourists taking their pictures with the Bijan car. For the last year there haven't been many tourists and many hotels are still closed or have recently reopened on the off chance anyone wants to stay in them. Yes, Bijan also has a special yellow Bijan parking meter. As Don King would say, "Only in Beverly Hills".

View attachment 1604622
No yellow shirt?

Southwick

Reaction score
Very excited to post my newest addition to the wardrobe... No spoiler for the goodies!

I've been after one of these for a long time, but it was never in the cards. When the opportunity presented itself, and with a few milestones approaching, including the birth of my first child I decided now was the time.

I keep eyeing my wrist during the day and I've momentarily stopped shoe gazing. Datejust on Super Jubilee, and this one has really knocked it out of the park; it's even better than photos suggest. I've certainly done some serious damage to the shoe budget for the foreseeable future!!

Without further ado...

View attachment 1604832 View attachment 1604833 View attachment 1604834
Beautiful. Congratulations, for the watch and especially for becoming a dad. It will be the best thing to ever happen to you.

happypebble

Reaction score
Patriot is the best of the bunch. Oh never mind!

Check out Randolph for the full GYW treatment offered in a full range of sizes and widths. They have many others but most of them are offered in only one or two widths, which will limit your choices unless you have a peak of the bell curve foot.
The best loafer is the one that fits you best.
Thank you. I'm looking at the Randolphs right now on the website; they look good.

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I am reposting an article @siddeh shared in the Carmina thread. Once again, Justin Fitzpatrick writes the truth:

My favorites from the blog post:

"..in 2020, 1st grade leather now is what 3rd grade leather was 20 years ago."

"...simply shows a lack of understanding in what you buy versus what you should expect. Shoes are not laser cut, machine-only produced iPhones. They are products made using a once living skin, made by error-prone humans because we are after all, we are not machine controlled robots yet..."

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Knee-deep in some custom work for Alabama today, so I thought I'd wear something in the crimson color area. SMU color #8 HMs from a trunk show a while back, before color #8 HMs became a standard offering.

IMG_4842.jpg

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but all I see is 15 to 20 lost pairs of footwear. If I could walk around naked with just awesome shoes, I would! There, I said it!

Hahah, well you need to join a colony of people like yourself! Although, I think those folks also shoeless, so you'll have to start a new club :)

Love it. Congrats!

Thank you very much. It's such a timeless design and face; really looking forward to many years of service.

Hey AE experts: I was looking at their loafers and was wondering if folks had a favorite model. Is there any one that stands out above the rest, or one to avoid?

As said before, whichever foots your foot. I really like the Patriot and the Acheson (huge tassel guy).

Beautiful. Congratulations, for the watch and especially for becoming a dad. It will be the best thing to ever happen to you.

Thank you so much! Nervous about the dad part... Going to be a whole new ball game :)

Looking forward to wearing the watch and making many memories.

Badlands at Jack Daniel's in Lynchburg
View attachment 1605012

Looking spiffy!! Enjoy the trip; I'd love to visit there sometime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads