• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Higher ups at work today told me to start blocking off big chunks of my calendar to work on "all hands on deck" project for the next few weeks. So, since I'm stuck out in the work desert for the foreseeable future, I figured I should wear the Gobi to reflect that. I mean, sure, I'll probably still block off some time for AE stuff, but not nearly enough as I'd like to.

IMG_4840.jpg

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the Acheson a lot. Have a pair in Olive suede and they always bring a smile to my face!

Model 9854... Real classics! Rats, you fled NY, aka Escape from New York?

With the president.

But yes, I split my time between NY and Illinois during the school year. I bought so many shoes I had to leave some of them with my family lol.

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Tuesday friends, coming back from a 4 day weekend and feeling it. Long Branches for what I anticipate will be a long day today digging out of email, slack, and meetings....

View attachment 1604409
Twinsies!!

Except I am not as kind to mine as you are yours…and yours are that beautiful golden color. Love ‘em!
DCF5C3DD-E7F5-4D44-825B-9D3892DF560C.jpeg
Who the hell decided to manually set 20 4“X4” fence posts in 92 degree heat?
^^ This idiot ^^

Last edited:

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
That's normal for the poron models

And why it literally pained me to return a Leeds 2.0 in Tan Calfskin F2 (with no visible defects) because it was much too tight even though I really wanted it because AE no longer makes the Leed's in anything other than "boring black" and "cigar".

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most of the time, that is true. However, I was fortunate that this pair fit like a Leeds 1.0. There was no over-snugness. Sometimes the AE size variation works to your advantage.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wore the white suede Nomads again today since it was around 89F and I was going to be walking around outside for about three hours. The last the Nomad is made on is very comfortable for my size 8.5 EEEE foot when wearing size 9 EEE Nomads with A-E orthotic insoles in them.

IMG_6561.jpeg

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures, a picture showing how well white suede Nomads go with white Angel's Trumpets.

IMG_6560.jpeg

This picture also shows once again my belt does not match my shoes. Am wearing a Darcy Clothing Company snake belt. The most famous snake belt wearer was probably Rangi Ram on the British television series. "It Ain't Half Hot, Mum". He wore his snake belt on his turban.

Here's a picture of Battery Sergeant Major Williams and Rangi Ram wearing his snake belt on his turban.

CsBN6erXYAAtBkY.jpg

For fans of food pictures in shoe threads, a Chicken Curry Salad sandwich and me at Lemonade. Didn't think the sandwich was very good. It seemed to be around 95% apple, 3% chicken, and 2% cucumber. Have no idea why it came in a bowl instead of on a plate.

IMG_6564.jpeg

The sandwich in the Lemonade advertisements on Facebook looks like it has more chicken in it as well as something orange color in it.

173592250_23847953023320515_7082735997814480156_n.jpg

For fans of car pictures in shoe threads, a picture I took on Friday when I went to the barber shop. It's the current version of the Bijan car, a yellow Rolls-Royce, parked in front of the Bijan store on Rodeo Drive. There are usually swarms of tourists taking their pictures with the Bijan car. For the last year there haven't been many tourists and many hotels are still closed or have recently reopened on the off chance anyone wants to stay in them. Yes, Bijan also has a special yellow Bijan parking meter. As Don King would say, "Only in Beverly Hills".

IMG_6524.jpeg

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wore the white suede Nomads again today since it was around 89F and I was going to be walking around outside for about three hours. The last the Nomad is made on is very comfortable for my size 8.5 EEEE foot when wearing size 9 EEE Nomads with A-E orthotic insoles in them.

View attachment 1604603

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures, a picture showing how well white suede Nomads go with white Angel's Trumpets.

View attachment 1604605

This picture also shows once again my belt does not match my shoes. Am wearing a Darcy Clothing Company snake belt. The most famous snake belt wearer was probably Rangi Ram on the British television series. "It Ain't Half Hot, Mum". He wore his snake belt on his turban.

Here's a picture of Battery Sergeant Major Williams and Rangi Ram wearing his snake belt on his turban.

View attachment 1604606

For fans of food pictures in shoe threads, a Chicken Curry Salad sandwich and me at Lemonade. Didn't think the sandwich was very good. It seemed to be around 95% apple, 3% chicken, and 2% cucumber. Have no idea why it came in a bowl instead of on a plate.

View attachment 1604615

The sandwich in the Lemonade advertisements on Facebook looks like it has more chicken in it as well as something orange color in it.

View attachment 1604618

For fans of car pictures in shoe threads, a picture I took on Friday when I went to the barber shop. It's the current version of the Bijan car, a yellow Rolls-Royce, parked in front of the Bijan store on Rodeo Drive. There are usually swarms of tourists taking their pictures with the Bijan car. For the last year there haven't been many tourists and many hotels are still closed or have recently reopened on the off chance anyone wants to stay in them. Yes, Bijan also has a special yellow Bijan parking meter. As Don King would say, "Only in Beverly Hills".

View attachment 1604622

My favourite post of the week.

Do you ask strangers to take pictures of you? Or do you have a friend who goes on these jaunts with you?

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And why it literally pained me to return a Leeds 2.0 in Tan Calfskin F2 (with no visible defects) because it was much too tight even though I really wanted it because AE no longer makes the Leed's in anything other than "boring black" and "cigar".

to be fair, cigar is awesome
My favourite post of the week.

Do you ask strangers to take pictures of you? Or do you have a friend who goes on these jaunts with you?
He uses a selfie-pod kind of tripod thing. He posted a picture of it before

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads