• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wore Chelsea boots to visit my mother’s grave for the first time since we buried her. My father couldn’t attend the funeral then, so he came with me. (Photo taken at home later.)
133ADAB1-5232-4994-B4EA-7ABC5CE76D9F.jpeg

MrOxford

Reaction score
A nice day for a walk. Temperature is 60 F or 16 C in my city, now. Ahem......Mr. Walnut McAllister.

Attachments

• IMG_2743.JPG
    IMG_2743.JPG
    392 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2742.JPG
    IMG_2742.JPG
    275.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2735.JPG
    IMG_2735.JPG
    287.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2736.JPG
    IMG_2736.JPG
    285.7 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2740.JPG
    IMG_2740.JPG
    348.1 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2741.JPG
    IMG_2741.JPG
    201.1 KB · Views: 35

MrOxford

Reaction score
Now that’s a bonfire! I think we built it too close to that tree though...
View attachment 1595482
View attachment 1595483
Notice how far away I am? I’m not endangering my shell boots...
Perhaps it would make a reason to purchase another shell boot if your existing shell boots are damage in the bonfire. Problem with bonfire and campfire is that the fire stink up your nice clothes and shoes. Solution: wear beater clothes and beater shoes to bonfire. :) LoL....

Rithrin

Reaction score
Turns out I couldn't stay away from the sale after all. Summer's around the corner and I didn't want another repeat year of being "sandals at the mall guy". With all the talk about new Force 10s, I decided to give them a go. Wasn't optimistic given past troubles with slip-on sizing. With the lacing, though, getting it nice and snug was not a problem.

Quick run to Walgreens and was entirely satisfied with their performance.
IMG_20210418_144749.jpg

May try a barrel knot at some point.

dc_slicker

Reaction score
Turns out I couldn't stay away from the sale after all. Summer's around the corner and I didn't want another repeat year of being "sandals at the mall guy". With all the talk about new Force 10s, I decided to give them a go. Wasn't optimistic given past troubles with slip-on sizing. With the lacing, though, getting it nice and snug was not a problem.

View attachment 1595942

did you feel the force being with you at the Walgreens?

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

View attachment 1595942

Looks good!

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man... I need more shoes about as badly as you do at this point but the strand (or variation) always gets me. If there were seconds on sale NOT on dainite I’d probably buy the first 3 in the photo (left to right). I could get them as firsts with sole conversions but... some restraint is necessary. I only have 2 pairs of dainite anymore. Both from C&J and for whatever reason they are the only ones I can tolerate. Hate feeling the studs on the bottom of my foot. Nice addition man. What are we up to now? 60s?

interesting you say that. Three of my C&J’s are on studded Dainite and all are very comfortable. It is only in the AE thread where I read about uncomfortable Dainite. I wonder if there are different grades or treatments or methods of installation?

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
interesting you say that. Three of my C&J’s are on studded Dainite and all are very comfortable. It is only in the AE thread where I read about uncomfortable Dainite. I wonder if there are different grades or treatments or methods of installation?

I think it's due to personal sensitivity.

I find the dainite soles on my c and js to be harder on my feet slightly v. Ae, and dainite in general less comfy than leather.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Those who look to the royal family for their footwear fashion cues were tuned in to the funeral of HRH Prince Phillip to see what shoes were being worn by the various men in line to the throne. Morning suits were the rule of the day and sported by most of the men. Shoes? Well GQ of the UK had a nice piece in August 2019 giving the "Rules" of Morning suits and they echoed the conventional shoe wisdom of this and other threads. "There’s only one rule: the shoes must be highly-polished (but not patent) black Oxfords. To add a bit of interest, you could go for an Oxford with a single line of broguing running over the vamp." There you have it. Get out your Park Avenues or add a bit of interest with a Fifth Avenue. But GQ must have missed the memo because the royals were having none of that and went with shortwing bals that many (like me) would consider too casual for a morning suit at a funeral.

IMG_1095.jpg

OMG, Princes William and Harry are still on the outs after the Oprah interview and they placed a cousin between them. Who cares? Back to the shoes. Prince William sported The McAllister style as did the cousin and Prince Harry

IMG_1097.jpg

IMG_1098.jpg

IMG_1096.jpg

The shortwing appears to be Prince Harry's go to shoe. By a show of hands, how many people think that left shoe still has a hole in it?

Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 9.14.35 AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads