• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wingtip Wednesday
AE Macneil gunboats in natural shell cordovan...

View attachment 1593278 View attachment 1593279 View attachment 1593280

...with PO LM Ti watch.
View attachment 1593281

Love those Macs a lot. And, I'm really liking that Omega. I keep looking at pictures of Seamasters hoping I'll eventually like them better than a Submariner. My wallet definitely likes the Omega more, but damn the Submariner is so iconic. Seeing this picture definitely helps, though. Definitely.

bluejazzmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My adult daughter just told me that she does not like my cheap cologne. She indicated that it gives me the scent of a worn out old man....

20210414_204612.jpg

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Things are getting back to normal; suits & tie three days in a row this week.

Mon: (another brand)
Tues: Jefferson 1.0 (RIP) in dark brown (RIP)
Wed: Cambridge
q View attachment 1593466

Why does AE hate dark brown in calf? It's a classic colour. That is rich and beautiful. I'd buy a pair in this colour.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why does AE hate dark brown in calf? It's a classic colour. That is rich and beautiful. I'd buy a pair in this colour.
I'm not a fan boy of most of their recent offerings, but I think AE has great dark brown shades, starting with their stellar dark cognac shell, plus mahogany, cigar and dark chili. I think you can get the Strand and the Park in all of those shades right now. Plus they're still offering some models in a coffee, which I guess is more of a mid-brown, but isn't this a pretty good range of dark brown shades?

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not a fan boy of most of their recent offerings, but I think AE has great dark brown shades, starting with their stellar dark cognac shell, plus mahogany, cigar and dark chili. I think you can get the Strand and the Park in all of those shades right now. Plus they're still offering some models in a coffee, which I guess is more of a mid-brown, but isn't this a pretty good range of dark brown shades?

The old dark brown/burnished dark brown was an amazing color for conservative dress shoes. My PAs are in this color. The brown is so dark that with a navy or gray suit, I can wear them almost as formally as black. To me, that dark brown is a better color for a younger person’s first pair of dress shoes because they are more versatile than black, but still nearly as formal for modern business settings.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Order was placed, but they require 9 weeks for crafting.
I hope that I live longer than 9 weeks... My heart seems a bit weak.

Mine said they'd require 5 weeks for crafting but I got a notice this morning that they shipped them day before yesterday; the day I ordered. Maybe they are working overtime ;)

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The old dark brown/burnished dark brown was an amazing color for conservative dress shoes. My PAs are in this color. The brown is so dark that with a navy or gray suit, I can wear them almost as formally as black. To me, that dark brown is a better color for a younger person’s first pair of dress shoes because they are more versatile than black, but still nearly as formal for modern business settings.
Here is a dark straight brown that I think AE should always have in at least on Oxford.
781FC4AF-4C15-4C59-916C-1B33C56A0024.jpeg

bluejazzmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I purchased two pairs of AE in walnut. Six months later, I realized that I don't like the walnut color (on me).
The darker brown colors are wonderful and remain my favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads