• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You, sir, understand me better than anyone I've ever met.

Only if the appropriate velvet smoking jacket is deployed in the library.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sullivan street after the initial shine.

IMG_20210413_1809571.jpg IMG_20210413_1816178.jpg IMG_20210413_1809366.jpg

DawgPound

Reaction score
How do you find the width ratio of these? When I tried them in preparation of the trunk show, I felt like they weren't anywhere close to your typical D/B. When I got the length/(ball) width correct, it felt like as I was walking right out of the heels. Perhaps this is because you sit up higher on the insole? Or the collar is cut lower? Take all of this with a grain of salt as I have thin ankles...
I’ll do my best here...not a scientific approach with measurements, but some observations. First, I wear the same size of 11 3E in both lasts...65 and 65C. If I had to describe my foot shape, it’s wider forefoot, narrower heel, relatively flat arch...on the brannock, my foot measures 11.5 E/EE. I find the 65 fits my foot like a glove. In the 65 last, I have calf strands, parks, fifth aves, mcallister, strandmoks, hamiltons, and probably a couple more I’m not remembering. In the 65C sneakers, I have the pictured suede strands and shell parks. I have also tried at home the calf parks sneakers.

The 65C is very, very similar overall, but I find it a little more roomy all over than my 65 lasted shoes. Not a lot really...like the difference in wearing a thicker athletic sock vs a dress sock. I did find that the calf park that I returned felt tighter/less roomy than the suede and calf versions of the sneaker; I returned them in large part because of it. The sneaker insole feels a little thicker, but it does settle down after some wear vs your foot molding in a cork insole. The waist of the 65C is a little fuller/wider and the ball placement is a little shorter (closer to the heel) than the dressier 65 lasted shoes. The 65C also lays flatter than the 65 here are some photos. Hope this helps.

3EF6EC21-C9F9-4B41-B567-05D0056448F4.jpeg

F3CBF8F6-F229-434A-A796-C62F03A6C665.jpeg

FE1049D4-F31A-479D-9C1A-E1C285D71E6C.jpeg

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

BespokeBrooklyn

Reaction score
Could someone explain why the Greene Street/Bond Street/Mercer Street line of shoes seems to be significantly less expensive than Allen Edmonds’ other oxfords, long wings, and loafers?

PANJ

Reaction score
Could someone explain why the Greene Street/Bond Street/Mercer Street line of shoes seems to be significantly less expensive than Allen Edmonds’ other oxfords, long wings, and loafers?
The Greene and Mercer have been on clearance for a long time--just not very popular I guess. I never owned one of these models but I have read that the leather on them is different and not as nice as that on the "classics" (Park Ave, Strand, McCallister).
Personally I like the look of the Greene St. and would have bought a pair if I did not already own a pair of McGregors.

LC7

Reaction score
Some of the colorways seem to use some kind of corrected grain. On the Greene Street, for example, there are (or were) two blacks. One says black and the other black calf. The black on the Bond Street says calfskin, while the mahogany would appear to be corrected. I don't think this means the non-calf labeled leather is bad, but it's definitely more shiny and sleek.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some of the colorways seem to use some kind of corrected grain. On the Greene Street, for example, there are (or were) two blacks. One says black and the other black calf. The black on the Bond Street says calfskin, while the mahogany would appear to be corrected. I don't think this means the non-calf labeled leather is bad, but it's definitely more shiny and sleek.
They call it printed calf. For the same reason I only own one grain, (Code for corrected). And my grain is a Florsheim.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There won’t be a lot of shoe picks from me for a while. Only got three pairs now.
D3619F05-9462-48E1-A7B2-855FD1B148E0.jpeg

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It'd been quite some time since I last wore the shell HMs. Why? I dunno. Probably cuz I'm an idiot. It's also been quite some time since I mowed the lawn. Why? In this case, I do know. Probably cuz it's been winter.

IMG_4774.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads