• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been very lax on my shoe photos. I picked up some Gray Silverlake boots but the stitching is wonky so I'm asking for a replacement. I like them though, a nice change of pace from heavier Dainite and more geared towards comfort.

Today is probably the first time I've worn these in over a year, the fact the laces match the paint is a bonus.
IMG_5167.jpg

matwa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ouch - my size, but out of my budget....

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello: is there a list of AE model numbers corresponding to names? I have a pair from the "Hand Crafted World of AE" era numbered 62916 on the inside. They were sold to me as Macneils, if I remember right. View attachment 1591476

MacNeil is what is looks like... Maybe corrected grain? They're a nice cherry color!

Looks like polished cobbler burgundy to me

So corrected grain? I would agree, burgundy or Oxblood.

View attachment 1591527
Non-AE: do you like this style? Has AE ever produced a shoe similar to this?

Very interesting! Whose makeup is that? Alden?

Looks very similar to the Florsheim Yuma (no broguing).

Mack at Alden Brogue Shop did a makeup called the Palm Beach (I think) that was REALLY really cool in shell, much like that.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
An American staple to start the week.

PXL_20210412_134624668.jpg
PXL_20210412_133635305.jpg
PXL_20210412_133639151.jpg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Monday. Starting off the week with TS Bourbon.

IMG_0220.jpg

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I've been very lax on my shoe photos. I picked up some Gray Silverlake boots but the stitching is wonky so I'm asking for a replacement. I like them though, a nice change of pace from heavier Dainite and more geared towards comfort.

Today is probably the first time I've worn these in over a year, the fact the laces match the paint is a bonus.
View attachment 1591681

Do I see Supra on those calipers?
(in addition to your laces matching the car color)

If yes, How do you like your BMW? (or Toyota?)

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cronmoks. Every time I wear these, I like them a little bit more. So, I keep wearing them. Some day, that trend will reverse. But, that day is not today. Not today.

IMG_4768.jpg

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ouch - my size, but out of my budget....

Those look really nice. If they were my size, it would be hard to not make at least an offer on them.

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do I see Supra on those calipers?
(in addition to your laces matching the car color)

If yes, How do you like your BMW? (or Toyota?)
I like my Z4 a lot except I can't figure out how to put the roof down. :lol:

I'll be able to wear more of my collection now after getting it at least. That's probably more of an excuse really no reason I couldn't wear more that boots these past several months.

With getting my bike recently I've been wearing my Black HM's (the non-chromexcel ones), I don't remember what AE called the leather just seems like budget loose grain leather so they are motorcycle boots now. I was using my black Surreys with the lug soles but I like them a lot more than the HMs so they are cleaned up and back into casual usage again.

At some point I'll pick up some moto specific boots but finding EEE is gonna be an issue. AE could make some fairly easy just take an HM and add some lateral/medial malleolus protection, heel and toe protection, crush resistant shaft/sole and non slip lug sole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads