• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I planned to take the dogs for a walk and expected that it might be a little muddy. The Vibram Cristy soles are my choice for that, so I went with the Eagle Counties.
18A13B64-3E5F-4D18-86FC-74D132257876.jpeg

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The boots look awesome, and I really like those laces in there. Agree that the stock flat laces don't work as well as they could. Fortunately, changing laces is a quick and cheap way to completely change the look of your footwear. I've been using some round Guarded Goods laces in there, but they're a little too thin for my tastes. Where did you get those from? I think they're exactly what I'm looking for.

the round Guarded Goods braided boot laces are way too short at 48" and it baffles me.

The flat boot laces come in 54" length
The GG thin round boot laces I (which I think look too thin on a rugged boot like the HM :hide:) come in 54"

But the thicker GG round braided cord boot laces (which I would prefer for a rugged boot like HM) only come in 48"

I know there are bigger problems in the world but ... why not offer them in a 54" like the other GG offerings?

Last edited:

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the round Guarded Goods braided boot laces are way too short at 48" and it baffles me.

The GG thin round boot laces I (which I think look too thin on a rugged boot like the HM :hide:) come in 54"
But the thicker GG round braided cord boot laces (which I would prefer for a rugged boot like HM) only come in 48"

I know there are bigger problems in the world but ... why not offer them in a 54" like the other GG offerings?

100% agreement. GG is one of those companies whose mission pretty much aligns completely with my mindset. I'm going to drop them a line and see what the possibilities are for getting the round braided laces in a longer length. I doubt it's possible, but the market might be there for them to consider.

I know there's a slightly thicker round boot lace that they offer (2.5mm vs. the 2.3mm of the thin lace) in a 54" length, but it's limited to 2 colors, and they're sold out. I still think 3mm is the best thickness for the HM and possibly the Landon, while the 2.3 and 2.5 are more suited for the Dalton and Hamilton.

Of course, this entire discussion reminds me of this:

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bone “Essex” like leather seems pretty nice. Maybe I can get a pair by July. This is a size too large for me but you can get how they would look.
8BDBC3EC-4299-4AF7-A1A9-8B0B7306F5BA.jpeg
8343F997-AD26-4CA6-A827-26EC5441A9AD.jpeg

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Interesting. I have the opposite problem. When my size 13 boots come stocked with 54" laces, as do Aldens and some AE, I have to swap them out for AE 48" dark brown rounds. 54s literally drag on the ground. I wish they would offer a 48" flat boot lace, which they don't.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads