• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptfly

Reaction score
Listed as horween essex leather. Isn't that a soft and stretchy leather, like CXL?
I'm not sure I could pull off this almost white shoe, but I kind of like it as a summer season option. Even the red dainite.
Just me but I have an adversion to white shoes (and spectators...just me) but I am interested in a darkening patina. Will the essex darken with exposure to light, age or both?

Southwick

Reaction score
I don’t wear them enough! As for care, I hit ‘em with a good lather of saddle soap, rinse them off and let them dry. Once dry, then I give them a coat of Bick4 and brush. That’s it. The hardest part of care is keeping the reverse leather tassels in tact. My tassels look like they have been on the working end of a stripper that has been in the business past her prime. ?

If you have worked your way through the stitching on the Dainite, you may be better off price-wise with a local cobbler. If you can get that done for less than $75 then do it, otherwise, I would look to see what tassel loafers are on Shoebank for $150.

The working end of a stripper. Best line of the day.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
As an aside:

The Courtside is the most popular model right now, closely followed by the Strand Sneaker.

Take a guess on what the most popular Park Sneaker is?

If you guessed that Camo and Black are tied...you win ;)

Don't be afraid to order Camo if you like it. It's selling.

I am pretty sure this confirms that I have no idea anymore what demographic is buying AE. Everything I thought I knew must be wrong, hahah (no offense intended to any of you that are buying camo park ave sneakers).

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don’t see this one here much.

Olive suede Strand. Highly recommended if they still have your size on Shoebank. Photos don’t do the olive color justice. Subtle and beautiful.
View attachment 1567149
View attachment 1567148
Someday (for better or worse) maybe the Internet will offer smell-o-vision. The citrus is in bloom and the smell is fantastic. Summer is just around the corner...
View attachment 1567147
Are olive suede the same as Loden suede? The AE Suede Trunk Show shoes my friend ordered in Loden came labeled as Olive.

Annual suede cleaning and waterproofing day. A few pair needed some spot cleaning, they all needed brushing, and all but three pairs were waterproofed (ran out of spray - more is on the way).
View attachment 1567940
I had a can of nano spray and what was left of an AE waterproofing can. The AE can scared the crap out of me because it turned the white Nomads yellow. Fortunately, they dried white. Phew!
View attachment 1567938
View attachment 1567937
View attachment 1567935
View attachment 1567936
Happy Friday gents! Have a fantastic weekend!
Does the Tarrago Nano Protector last as long as I've read advertised? I read it lasts almost a year.

HCapLonghorn

Reaction score
A447DCC3-FBB8-4846-A07A-AF49B08318AE.jpeg

Last night with the woolymoks before Spring?

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure this confirms that I have no idea anymore what demographic is buying AE. Everything I thought I knew must be wrong, hahah (no offense intended to any of you that are buying camo park ave sneakers).

For me, I just prefer the Strandmok or the casual shoes AE makes without the sneaker sole. Just my opinion.

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are olive suede the same as Loden suede? The AE Suede Trunk Show shoes my friend ordered in Loden came labeled as Olive.

Does the Tarrago Nano Protector last as long as I've read advertised? I read it lasts almost a year.
Great questions.

I’ll defer to @BFT9000 on the loden vs. olive question. I believe they are different, but would need to see them side by side and compare model numbers. The Strand King may have both. ;)
<edit> 6346 is the olive, and I think loden was also the same number...so “same” may be the correct answer.

As for the nano spray, I‘m sure it depends on frequency of use and abuse/exposure. I don’t wear my suede often enough or abuse them enough to apply more than annually. If I wore them 2-4 times a month and exposed them to rain/sleet/snow, I might apply more frequently.

Last edited:

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great questions.

I’ll defer to @BFT9000 on the loden vs. olive question. I believe they are different, but would need to see them side by side and compare model numbers. The Strand King may have both. ;)
<edit> 6346 is the olive, and I think loden was also the same number...so “same” may be the correct answer.

As for the nano spray, I‘m sure it depends on frequency of use and abuse/exposure. I don’t wear my suede often enough or abuse them enough to apply more than annually. If I wore them 2-4 times a month and exposed them to rain/sleet/snow, I might apply more frequently.
My loden strand pair actually said olive on the box...

LuxLemon

Reaction score
Congrats on the engagement! That reminds me, I have 10 year anniversary photos coming up and ... believe it or not... my wife told me to pick out what I wanted to wear and she'd get something to go with it, instead of the other way around. What a time to be alive!

wow! With great power comes great responsibility!

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the engagement! That reminds me, I have 10 year anniversary photos coming up and ... believe it or not... my wife told me to pick out what I wanted to wear and she'd get something to go with it, instead of the other way around. What a time to be alive!
I would pick a lion tamer outfit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads