• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SFDQ

Reaction score
Can we get back to shoes, please?

Yes, links posted here get affiliate redirects. Not everyone knows this. You have educated them, they apologized, now move on.

There is only room for one Style Forum Drama Queen.

-SFDQ

ZePrez

Reaction score
I , sometimes find interesting deals that I would share with this vibrant sub-forum/community. New here and want to abide to the rules. Honest questions:
Is it allowed to share what one considers to be a good deal and share it with the community?
If yes, what is the proper method that respects the forum rules?

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Truffle.

it feels weird to all of a sudden not be wearing boots. But I’m not complaining.
FB545C88-C408-45DC-A3A3-C4F7F28CE369.jpeg

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Appreciate all the positivity and prayer everyone can give. My father in law is in surgery for an aortic dissection. It was very sudden. He lives with us and has been so helpful in taking care of us and welcoming my father also into our household after my my mother passed 2 months ago. We are very worried.

So sorry this has been such a hard year for you and your family.

BFT9000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not shell, but I wonder if AE is going to offer the Tinsel Avenue again this holiday season:

PXL_20210104_024726177~2.jpg

If not, these could go down as one of the rarest Strand variants ever made. I think they were on sale for a week and a half before being pulled from the web store?

#showerthoughts

Last edited:

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not shell, but I wonder if AE is going to offer the Tinsel Avenue again this holiday season:

View attachment 1567606

If not, these could go down as one of the rarest Strand variants ever made. I think they were on sale for a week and a half before being pulled from the web store?

#showerthoughts
I haven’t worn mine, but glad I got them

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing MTO (black rubber soles) black Rutledges today and standing on Tinkerbell's star on Hollywood Blvd. It's in front of the Disney Store (which is closed for the duration) in the El Capitan Theater (which is also closed for the duration).

IMG_6137.jpeg

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures, a picture showing how excited Hollywood girls get when they see guys wearing A-E shoes.

IMG_6140.jpeg

For fans of food pictures in shoe threads, a veggie (curried lentils) Shepherd's Pie and me at the Cat & Fiddle Pub in Hollywood.

IMG_6145.jpeg

For fans of pictures of totally random Hollywood sights in shoe threads, a building on Highland Ave with a mural (allegedly) depicting the history of hemp. The building is for lease. Since the lockdowns began even the pot business has gone to pot.

Won't comment about the driveway in front of this building. Hollywood is weird.

IMG_6152.jpeg

Since no adventure in Hollywood post is complete without a picture of a giant elephant on top of a giant column picture, here it is.

IMG_6158.jpeg

The Hollywood And Highland Center, which is now mostly vacant, is being redeveloped as residential and creative (whatever that is) office space and the replica of the Babylon set from the silent film "Intolerance" will soon be one with Nineveh and Tyre.

I will miss the four giant elephants on their giant columns.

For those who have read this far and may be wondering, yes, I walked from the Hollywood/Highland Red Line subway station down Highland Avenue to the Cat & Fiddle Pub, which is half a block north of Melrose Avenue and then walked back.

Also walked up and down the stairs in the subway stations. I use my A-E shoes as directed. I walk in them.

Rithrin

Reaction score
I stand by my original comment. Maybe you should do your research first because so far this only appears to be affecting you. Maybe you have something wrong with your phone and it has nothing to do with me. Why assume the worst in people when you simply do not know and jumped to a conclusion?

I copied links directly from the Brooks Brothers website. Look at the underlying URL in the links I attached, there is no extra affiliate code or any other information other than a direct link to the product page so either StyleForum added its own code because SF does have affiliate programs, the OPs phone is phucked, or both.

Exactly and thank you. As they say, no good deed goes unpunished.
Yeah. Well, no harm, no foul, I say! I appreciated seeing the links! Was just pointing out that there could be plenty of reasons for something being redirected.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1567615

#showerthoughts
I suspect that the MCW5 variant might be less common than the Tinsel Avenue.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
I , sometimes find interesting deals that I would share with this vibrant sub-forum/community. New here and want to abide to the rules. Honest questions:
Is it allowed to share what one considers to be a good deal and share it with the community?
If yes, what is the proper method that respects the forum rules?

For the record, I appreciate such things and many of us post them regularly on the vintage thread. Seems to be much less common on other threads in my experience but I have no objection. Then again, I am not the SF police and have no time to scrutinize @NYCTechNerd affiliate links (too soon?, I kid I kid)...

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cross posting here for a cool shop doing some neat makeups. No spoiler because shell is awesome!

Voltaire has knocked it out of the park again with another killer makeup! My first Ravello and boy these are gorgeous; I'm honestly going to feel bad wearing these for the first time. I couldn't have asked for a nicer shoe to start my Ravello collection with.

Double Waterloc on 360 welt with an NST front and all brass eyelets, lasted around the Plaza last. #2 pair from this run.

My photos don't do these babies justice.

PS: Voltaire at Style by Blaine is building his website and it should be up and running very soon. He really loves Alden and has an eye for some unique makeups.

PXL_20210304_232847108.jpg
PXL_20210304_232857286.jpg
PXL_20210304_232915145.jpg
PXL_20210304_233100518.jpg
PXL_20210304_233214324.jpg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cross posting here for a cool shop doing some neat makeups. No spoiler because shell is awesome!

Voltaire has knocked it out of the park again with another killer makeup! My first Ravello and boy these are gorgeous; I'm honestly going to feel bad wearing these for the first time. I couldn't have asked for a nicer shoe to start my Ravello collection with.

Double Waterloc on 360 welt with an NST front and all brass eyelets, lasted around the Plaza last. #2 pair from this run.

My photos don't do these babies justice.

PS: Voltaire at Style by Blaine is building his website and it should be up and running very soon. He really loves Alden and has an eye for some unique makeups.

View attachment 1567655 View attachment 1567656 View attachment 1567657 View attachment 1567658 View attachment 1567659
WOW, those are stunning. And Voltaire is awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads