• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rithrin

Reaction score
Nice photos of the landscape! What type of shell is that? Those look great!!
Thanks! And they're dark marbled cognac, from the 2020 shell TS.

Nice photo, but it doesn’t seem the same without @Roycru on the platform...
On January 11th 2018 on the San Juan Capistrano depot platform in front of the parking structure @Rithrin climbed to the top of.

View attachment 1566528

Extra Added Attraction: From ivy-style.com, an ad that was in "Mens Wear" (a trade publication) in 1964.

View attachment 1566531
What a famous location!! Now I feel like I've been officially tangled into @Roycru 's visitations of LA locales.

Since it's such a tradition, the LA wanderings, I'll share today's:

It went from 76+ to rain in the 50s, so naturally switched from linens to flannels. The shell Parks felt so spot on with a casual suit, I committed the ultimate AEE sin of wearing the same pair two days in a row.

Swung by Wellema Hat Company in Pasadena since I keep hearing about this place. Cody's a great guy and sold me hard on a hat. Guess I'm going to be a hat guy now. Pic relevant because the Parks are in it, of course!

IMG_20210303_132004.jpg

Then went to this little unassuming Pico-Robertson eatery, which, trust me, serves the best schnitzel you will ever devour. They have other things on the menu, but why bother with those when you're going to a place named Schnitzly? No photo of the schnitzel because I ate it before remembering to.

IMG_20210303_152806.jpg

Anyway, that'll be the last of the LA blogging as I head back upstate soon. And y'all are probably tired of seeing my mug already!

Appreciate all the positivity and prayer everyone can give. My father in law is in surgery for an aortic dissection. It was very sudden. He lives with us and has been so helpful in taking care of us and welcoming my father also into our household after my my mother passed 2 months ago. We are very worried.
That's tragic, so sorry to hear. Prayers to your father and rest of the family, of course.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looking for my Leeds this morning but these popped up first on my rack.
DD2A686D-FFE6-4532-ADD5-8597CBBF21E2.jpeg

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]
Thanks! And they're dark marbled cognac, from the 2020 shell TS.

What a famous location!! Now I feel like I've been officially tangled into @Roycru 's visitations of LA locales.

Since it's such a tradition, the LA wanderings, I'll share today's:

It went from 76+ to rain in the 50s, so naturally switched from linens to flannels. The shell Parks felt so spot on with a casual suit, I committed the ultimate AEE sin of wearing the same pair two days in a row.

Swung by Wellema Hat Company in Pasadena since I keep hearing about this place. Cody's a great guy and sold me hard on a hat. Guess I'm going to be a hat guy now. Pic relevant because the Parks are in it, of course!

View attachment 1566993

Then went to this little unassuming Pico-Robertson eatery, which, trust me, serves the best schnitzel you will ever devour. They have other things on the menu, but why bother with those when you're going to a place named Schnitzly? No photo of the schnitzel because I ate it before remembering to.

View attachment 1566994

Anyway, that'll be the last of the LA blogging as I head back upstate soon. And y'all are probably tired of seeing my mug already!
Great LA travelogue post in the roycru style!
Post photos when you get your Wellema Hat. I'm dipping my toes into the Hat pool as well, have one coming from Tatton Baird. Not sure I need another thing to obsess over, but I've wanted to give hats a try for a while.
Looking for my Leeds this morning but these popped up first on my rack.
View attachment 1567016
nice pairing there
those work nicely with denim

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:
Brooks Brothers has closeout sales on remaining Brooks Brothers x Allen Edmonds shoes.

9.5C @$214
View attachment 1543082 View attachment 1543084

8.5D, 11.5D, 12D, 13D @$149.40

View attachment 1543085 View attachment 1543086

10.5D, 11D @$128.40

View attachment 1543089 View attachment 1543090

PSA: There are still many sizes left of the Brooks Brothers x Allen Edmonds shoes and as of today they are an additional 25% off the already low sales prices. This is an amazing opportunity if they have your size.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Appreciate all the positivity and prayer everyone can give. My father in law is in surgery for an aortic dissection. It was very sudden. He lives with us and has been so helpful in taking care of us and welcoming my father also into our household after my my mother passed 2 months ago. We are very worried.

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope all turns out well. Prayers for you and your family!

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I feel like mixing things up with one of the older designs. Here is the Cayuga — a Wellington/Roper boot from about 1987.
Wait a minute.... How old are these? They don’t look a day over 29.
1CB2FA41-9326-41EE-9BD6-B1B13368EB50.jpeg

CE237A05-103F-4737-B46A-BDCC4C6CBD98.jpeg

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry to hear this. Hoping for the best for you and your family.

Milksteakboiledhard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In my tan suede HMs along side the best officemate in the world. The jury is still out on XL extra light outsoles these are shipping with, but I think they’ll be fine as the footbed breaks in. They are substantially lighter than my CXL on commando pair. One of these days I’ll have to use the kitchen scale to do a weight comparison.

E95DDA09-3B05-49AD-B1DE-F8AB63B20748.jpeg

joman8390

Reaction score
PSA: There are still many sizes left of the Brooks Brothers x Allen Edmonds shoes and as of today they are an additional 25% off the already low sales prices. This is an amazing opportunity if they have your size.

Nice affiliate links...

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Nice affiliate links...

Not sure what you mean.

I do not work for Brooks Brothers, I am not a social media influencer, I do not have a YouTube channel, my Instagram is private and followed by less than 30 people who are mostly family and a few friends I have known more than 30 years, and if you have read any of my earlier posts in any threads you will know that I am in early pre-retirement well before 60 years old so a few pennies from "affiliate" links are not going to really change my overall net worth.

Maybe next time you should think (and research) before you make such unsubstantiated claims. it is so sad that all I wanted to do is help out a few others who really like Allen Edmonds shoes and you tried to turn it into something awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads