• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well boys, looks like I have a preorder coming that I did not expect, nor ask for! This one's a bit out of the ordinary from your standard makeups we usually see 'round these parts...

According to the experts, it'll be appearing sometime in late September unless things don't go as planned with the factory! ;)

This is the very first for Mrs. Savvy & I; I always joked it would go like this (unexpected, out of the blue), and it seems I was right!

Still in shock, and I'm honestly super nervous, but excited for the future. We haven't told our families yet as we're planning to tell them in person in the coming weeks, so I had to spill my beans to somebody.

Cheers, and I'll drink Mrs. Savvy's along with mine! :cheers:

View attachment 1565667
Hmmmm. In shock? My wife had her tubes tied and we had our fourth three years later. The doctor just said sometimes that happens. Congratulations, the unexpected ones are the best ones.

Rithrin

Reaction score
Well boys, looks like I have a preorder coming that I did not expect, nor ask for! This one's a bit out of the ordinary from your standard makeups we usually see 'round these parts...

According to the experts, it'll be appearing sometime in late September unless things don't go as planned with the factory! ;)

This is the very first for Mrs. Savvy & I; I always joked it would go like this (unexpected, out of the blue), and it seems I was right!

Still in shock, and I'm honestly super nervous, but excited for the future. We haven't told our families yet as we're planning to tell them in person in the coming weeks, so I had to spill my beans to somebody.

Cheers, and I'll drink Mrs. Savvy's along with mine! :cheers:

View attachment 1565667
Hey, congratulations!! Wishing you good luck and good health to all involved!

Cold snap again after a few mild days. Tweed & camel hair + walnut shell.
View attachment 1566003

Matching watch strap to shoes...
View attachment 1566002
Great combination there! The jacket is a fantastic touch, too.

Some people are having a cold snap and some of us only had a few weeks of what could be called winter weather.

Came down to LA from SF for work and took a trip into San Juan Capistrano today. Snapped some photos on the top of the Metrolink station parking structure.

IMG_20210302_165124.jpg
IMG_20210302_165202.jpg

Despite just entering March it's been a consistently around 75 degrees in many CA cities. My car measured 79 despite the report only reaching 76. In past years it's usually 70 or less around now. Either way winter wear was not going to cut it. While I packed a nice lightweight outfit, I discovered that I packed my shell Parks and not my suede Leeds. Eh, good enough for government work, as they say.

IMG_20210302_165227.jpg

IMG_20210302_165318.jpg

Maybe the cold snap will make it to CA in a few months and we can wear Tweed in summer.

miggyramone

Reaction score
I primarily wear jeans with OCBDs. Would mahogany Strands look off with said outfits?

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
F2 Higgins Mill in Brown CXL. The darker dye marks on the right boot are fading into the brown.
20210303_142322.jpg
20210303_142253.jpg
20210303_142227.jpg
20210303_142129.jpg
20210303_142052.jpg

Last edited:

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I primarily wear jeans with OCBDs. Would mahogany Strands look off with said outfits?
Strandmok with a reverse welt is better suited. The brown w reverse burnishing and red dainite are great w denim.
F2 Higgins Mill in Brown CXL. The darker dye marks on the right boot are fading into the brown.
View attachment 1566310 View attachment 1566311 View attachment 1566312 View attachment 1566313 View attachment 1566314
Becoming AE classics

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They started out as a chili-colored pebble grain.

You did a nice job, they look great!

No need to be "Super" Nervous, perhaps nervous yes, but Super, no. Kids do change things, in a huge way, but all for the good. Get your footwear now :)

Yea, I'll have to go on a buying frenzy! Doing my level headed best to stay calm!

Congrats! Now it all begins. As a father of 6 sons, I know the excitement of a new baby in the family.

It certainly does! Wife wants a few, so now the clock is ticking!! :box:

Holy smokes, man! 6! And all boys, that's wonderful I hope all are happy and healthy. Your genes are secure, Doc!!

Congratulations, my friend! What a blessing!

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, so are the children of one's youth. Happy is the man who has his quiver full of them..." (Ps. 127:3-5).

Thank you so much! I am hopeful all stay healthy!!

What a great quote, thanks for including. Too much darkness in these days; lots to be thankful for!

Is it the Grant Stone Ostrich boots by chance?

Hahah :crackup:

Congrats! As a recent father of an almost 4 month old, I can say, it is a lot of fun. The first two weeks are the hardest. As others have said, get your shoes now.

Chili University shoes, another pair Charleston helped me secure.
View attachment 1565960

Thank you!! Awesome, you're still here and taking care of baby!

Buy buy buy on the shoes!! Green light those purchases.

Seems like this makeup was sourced from the stork.

LOL, I think you're right on this one! The stork was generous with us!

I'd echo the others @savvysartorial. Congrats in order. I personally suggest sending memes to your wife about how great the boys can swim. That's what I did for my 1st. I was very proud. My wife was less enthusiastic about the memes but she continues to tolerate me for reasons that aren't immediately apparent.

As far as real advice, I highly recommend a baby nurse for a short time if you can swing it. Expensive and a bit dicey in covid times but worth considering having gone without / with for my 2 children.

I think I'm going to send those to my wife :p Obviously you have some redeeming qualities!!

Thank you for the advice, will pass it on. I hope all are healthy and happy.

congrats! My little one will be 3 soon and it’s been a blast. You’ll be fine!

Thank you!! Times flies, doesn't it? It's certainly going to be a new adventure.

Hmmmm. In shock? My wife had her tubes tied and we had our fourth three years later. The doctor just said sometimes that happens. Congratulations, the unexpected ones are the best ones.

Thank you so much. I am sure that was definitely a shocker! I am coming around to it and it's happening so I have to prepare!

Hey, congratulations!! Wishing you good luck and good health to all involved!

Great combination there! The jacket is a fantastic touch, too.

Some people are having a cold snap and some of us only had a few weeks of what could be called winter weather.

Came down to LA from SF for work and took a trip into San Juan Capistrano today. Snapped some photos on the top of the Metrolink station parking structure.

View attachment 1566200
View attachment 1566198

Despite just entering March it's been a consistently around 75 degrees in many CA cities. My car measured 79 despite the report only reaching 76. In past years it's usually 70 or less around now. Either way winter wear was not going to cut it. While I packed a nice lightweight outfit, I discovered that I packed my shell Parks and not my suede Leeds. Eh, good enough for government work, as they say.

View attachment 1566196

Maybe the cold snap will make it to CA in a few months and we can wear Tweed in summer.

Thank you! We will continue to hope all stays well with the family.

Nice photos of the landscape! What type of shell is that? Those look great!!

View attachment 1566310 View attachment 1566311 View attachment 1566312 View attachment 1566313 View attachment 1566314

Good looking boots! I need to get myself a pair of Higgies sooner or later! You're looking sharp.

View attachment 1566406
new Daltons for wingtip Wednesday

Fantastic boots. I love that color and design. Sadly I had to part with it due to sizing issues. I hope they serve for you many years.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics