• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rikod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a problem uploading from the phone but I think I fixed it.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
These are brand new Daltons, not seconds.. nasty scratches (not glue or something soft) on the left shoe. Even after cream and brown wax look terrible.

I have sent 3 emails in a week with no response. I have no experience dealing with AE, any advice appreciated

View attachment 1563813 View attachment 1563814
I don’t buy online, but I would just return. Dealing with an SA makes the boo boos easier to deal with.

Ashley_S

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are brand new Daltons, not seconds.. nasty scratches (not glue or something soft) on the left shoe. Even after cream and brown wax look terrible.

I have sent 3 emails in a week with no response. I have no experience dealing with AE, any advice appreciated

DM me if you like. I don't normally step in to handle non-special makeup related QC issues but I'd love to connect you with a store to help you out a little quicker.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Patiently waiting for my LandSharks to arrive :bounce2:...or Navycordshk as AE labels them :cool:

View attachment 1563787
Is this from a shipping notice?
I just checked my order history, and it does not show up there. I never got an order confirmation or receipt either. I’m not too worried about that (yet).

Last edited:

DawgPound

Reaction score
I just checked my order history, and it does not show up there. I never got an order confirmation or receipt either. I’m not too worried about that (yet).
Nah...just a shipping notice for the shoe trees I also purchased at the same time. The LandSharks were shown on the same shipping notice, but are still backordered. I did receive a receipt when I placed the LandSharks order. I seem to recall that some received receipts and some didn't, but I'm no authority on it. Just a topic of discussion on here at one point.

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I never do anything by eMail with Allen Edmonds because it takes several days for them to respond and if they ever do it often comes from a Calares employee (the shell corporation that owns AE and several other shoe brands) who does not know much about the products anyway. When you call, it is the same people working in a shared customer service call center but they often can do something more quickly which is probably "send them back or return at a store and we can send you a new pair".

Not trying to be negative rather trying to help you get to a solution more quickly. Feel free to do a search by my user name in this thread and would will find a post in which I state it usually takes ordering 5-6 pairs before I can find one with no obvious QC issues (and why I have mostly moved away from AE to other brands unless there is something really special or really cheap on sale that I have wanted for some time).

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You never got a receipt? I'll look into that.
Oh oh. Looks like someone missed the shark express...

Maybe AE thinks you have enough shoes already.

rikod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never do anything by eMail with Allen Edmonds because it takes several days for them to respond and if they ever do it often comes from a Calares employee (the shell corporation that owns AE and several other shoe brands) who does not know much about the products anyway. When you call, it is the same people working in a shared customer service call center but they often can do something more quickly which is probably "send them back or return at a store and we can send you a new pair".

Not trying to be negative rather trying to help you get to a solution more quickly. Feel free to do a search by my user name in this thread and would will find a post in which I state it usually takes ordering 5-6 pairs before I can find one with no obvious QC issues (and why I have mostly moved away from AE to other brands unless there is something really special or really cheap on sale that I have wanted for some time).
Thanks!,

I wanted to contact them before returning, after some work they look a bit better than the pics now and I was willing to keep them but with a discount, if not I prefer to return them, I own 5 other pairs of AE and they are fine, some minor issues in a couple of them but nothing to justify a return, this is the first one.

Maybe I will go to the Miami store tomorrow and see what they say. I normally avoid going there because they don’t have anything in stock and the people who work there don’t know a **** about shoes.

thanks man

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder if there is enough fuzz on this visitor to make a suede boot...that would be a cool “exotic” leather.
View attachment 1563699
Ok, so his head and abdomen was only 1 1/2” long, but still. Maybe a pair of boots for the daughters Barbie.

It’s a Southern Wolf spider for those interested. Probably the largest that I’ve ever seen.

Ah, so that's where this milkshake suede comes from.

IMG_2412.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads