• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am not sure how many have heard/read about the 7 shoe wardrobe (which often includes a sneaker) or even the 5 shoe wardrobe but there are many variations of this theme. I have posted about it before but thought it might be fun to do an Allen Edmonds only version. What "current" 5 Allen Edmonds shoes would you purchase to cover 100% of what you need for work/personal uses? (does not include very specific things like running sneakers, cycling shoes, hiking boots, etc.)

I hope @ae_ashley approves of my choices.

Park Avenue - Black
Strand - Dark Chili (would choose coffee if it was still available)
Neumok - Snuff Brown suede
Randolph - Coffee (would have chosen dark chili if I was able to get the strand in coffee)
Discovery
My five would be as follows:
Broad Streets bone/tan
Dundee Shell
Landon Shell
Strand Green Shell
Jefferson in Merlot
These are all shoes that I own.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Barge cement is on the way. Im guessing apply lighting, then apply pressure. Can't wait to see my wife roll her eyes when I sit my boots with wood clamps sitting on the counter this weekend.

Follow up question, I hate Dainite soles - I find them hard on my feet and worse in inclement conditions then nearly anything else. Will AE swap (with upcharge) them to JR soles during a factory refurb, or do they only do that for Shell?
I believe that can get any sole on them except JR. JR is for shell only.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Full strap Friday

PXL_20210226_144419144.MP.jpg
PXL_20210226_143957789.jpg
PXL_20210226_144004504.jpg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Great shoes. Almost as important, great glimpse into what I'm assuming is your office on campus. I recognize the coat rack base in picture #2 from a similar one in my Gregory Hall basement office in 95-96. I will neither confirm nor deny that said coat rack mysteriously went from said office to my parents' basement approximately 200 miles north shortly after I got my hood and tassel. My dad may or may not be currently using it to hold vast amounts of model train enthusiast paraphernalia 25 years later. Nothing lasts quite like vintage campus equipment.
Growing up, I spent MANY hours in Gregory Hall, my Dad's office (he was a Prof) was in that building.

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder if there is enough fuzz on this visitor to make a suede boot...that would be a cool “exotic” leather.
5BC444DC-92D0-4DBE-8749-1591A47DA773.jpeg
Ok, so his head and abdomen was only 1 1/2” long, but still. Maybe a pair of boots for the daughters Barbie.

It’s a Southern Wolf spider for those interested. Probably the largest that I’ve ever seen.

Ashley_S

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

rikod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are brand new Daltons, not seconds.. nasty scratches (not glue or something soft) on the left shoe. Even after cream and brown wax look terrible.

I have sent 3 emails in a week with no response. I have no experience dealing with AE, any advice appreciated

20110120-ED9C-4078-A46C-D454E3A71987.jpeg
8C38AE86-A269-413E-BED8-6E4F1D91E460.jpeg

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
These are brand new Daltons, not seconds.. nasty scratches (not glue or something soft) on the left shoe. Even after cream and brown wax look terrible.

I have sent 3 emails in a week with no response. I have no experience dealing with AE, any advice appreciated

View attachment 1563813 View attachment 1563814
For some reason the only way to see the pictures is for me to reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads