• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My five (and I don't care if they don't meet everyone else's needs):
Strand - Brown shell
Randolph - Burg shell
Strandmok - Snuff suede
Hamilton - Cognac tumbled (it's still TECHNICALLY on site) otherwise a walnut Liverpool
HM - Snuff suede (custom, but still on site)

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
I am not sure how many have heard/read about the 7 shoe wardrobe (which often includes a sneaker) or even the 5 shoe wardrobe but there are many variations of this theme. I have posted about it before but thought it might be fun to do an Allen Edmonds only version. What "current" 5 Allen Edmonds shoes would you purchase to cover 100% of what you need for work/personal uses? (does not include very specific things like running sneakers, cycling shoes, hiking boots, etc.)

I hope @ae_ashley approves of my choices.

Park Avenue - Black
Strand - Dark Chili (would choose coffee if it was still available)
Neumok - Snuff Brown suede
Randolph - Coffee (would have chosen dark chili if I was able to get the strand in coffee)
Discovery - Cognac

View attachment 1563325 View attachment 1563326 View attachment 1563328 View attachment 1563327 View attachment 1563329

I am going to cheat slightly since the Macneil is technically discontinued but still available, albeit not anywhere close to my size. This was more difficult than expected and not an optimal rotation. There are a lot of options that I am not crazy about.

1. Macneil - #8 shell
2. Leeds - chili shell
3. Strand - brown shell
4. Strandmok - snuff suede
5. 5th Ave - black calf

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I really have no need for these, as I have the Exchange Place in black, but damn, these are a nice pair from the early 2000s.

Eh...not to get you to buy another shoe you won't wear, but I wouldn't consider the EP equal to the PA

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eh...not to get you to buy another shoe you won't wear, but I wouldn't consider the EP equal to the PA

I know. The EP I have is not the best fit, and shows signs of developing penis toe. But just not sure I could justify another $200 on what will essentially only be worn for those sad occasions. I'm sure someone else will recognize the value and snatch them up.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I know. The EP I have is not the best fit, and shows signs of developing penis toe. But just not sure I could justify another $200 on what will essentially only be worn for those sad occasions. I'm sure someone else will recognize the value and snatch them up.
My laugh was in response to your angry face.

I agree - for the usage you have the EP for I wouldn't buy a PA to replace.

Ashley_S

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's Trunk Show event time in Nashville, our first host store!

° Kenard and Emily are excited to invite you into the store today through Sunday to see the physical samples and get your creative gears turning!

° Not able to make it in person? No sweat. Just give them a call and place your order via phone! Nashville is open from 10-6 today and Saturday, and from 12-5 on Sunday.

° If you order through one of our "host stores" during the event, you will be placed into a drawing for a $50 gift card (one entry per sneaker show purchase), and if you visit in person you'll get another entry! Drawing will be done after the show wraps up.

Looking forward to having you visit the team in good ol' Music City and creating something fantastic!

imagejpeg951.jpg

imagejpeg_1.jpg

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black Park Ave sneaker on black sole
Chili shell cordovan Park Ave sneaker on black sole
Snuff suede Strand sneaker on black sole
Bone suede Strand sneaker on brick sole
White tumbled leather Courtside on white sole

Yes, I drank the Flavor-aid.

Joe Schmoe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ha ha ha ha! Yes!

SAME BUILDING! It's the Gregory Hall furniture! And amusingly, I was thinking the same thing: it may or may not be here when I leave.

Oh wow, that really brings back memories -- I was a history major at UIUC and spent a fair amount of time in Gregory Hall. You are right about the furniture, too. A couple of years ago we decided to get some nice study furniture for our boys and I specifically searched for that old-school furniture, the kind found in Gregory Hall and the UIUC Main Library. Wooden swivel chairs with wheels, etc. It's surprisingly hard to find that sort of furniture, and it's very expensive!

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since I had to go drop shell trunk show money today on a cardiologist appointment for Phoebe, I figured I might as well wear some shell trunk show shoes. Thanks to @ae_ashley and her team, I was able to get these bad boy burgundy HMs with natty split reverse welt on v-treads. Love these boots almost as much as I love this stupid dog.
IMG_4620.jpg

In the end, the echocardiogram showed we have nothing to worry about regarding her very mild heart murmur. No danger for her, just to my wallet. By the time we left, she had the whole office wrapped around her little finger.

Needless to say, I'm out on this trunk show. Was on the fence about getting a pair. If I'd been in, I would have gone with brown saddle Courtsides on a white sole. Thought about natty CXL, but thought this might look cooler in the long run as the finish wore off. If I fall into a couple of Benjamins in the near future, I might dive in.

Screen Shot 2021-02-26 at 3.59.53 PM.png

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ha ha ha ha! Yes!

SAME BUILDING! It's the Gregory Hall furniture! And amusingly, I was thinking the same thing: it may or may not be here when I leave.

I don't know if you guys both taught or attended as students but now you guys have me wanting to know what school this is.

Might be worth attending for the free coat rack. Seems paltry after 100K+ tuition but it's better than the nothing you get at other schools

Last edited:

Milksteakboiledhard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Barge cement is on the way. Im guessing apply lighting, then apply pressure. Can't wait to see my wife roll her eyes when I sit my boots with wood clamps sitting on the counter this weekend.

Follow up question, I hate Dainite soles - I find them hard on my feet and worse in inclement conditions then nearly anything else. Will AE swap (with upcharge) them to JR soles during a factory refurb, or do they only do that for Shell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads