• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PANJ

Reaction score
Need to get longer laces for these but digging the waxed suede.
84D7D435-4878-4469-91C1-1806ED8D5308.jpeg

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
First wear of MDC fuddy duddies, shame about the overcast skies

Attachments

• 3D91BA3B-0172-4190-94E4-E0DD76ADFFFE.jpeg
    3D91BA3B-0172-4190-94E4-E0DD76ADFFFE.jpeg
    360.7 KB · Views: 16
  • E2A03DD0-4F80-46AC-953A-678283E57EFB.jpeg
    E2A03DD0-4F80-46AC-953A-678283E57EFB.jpeg
    418.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 079A39DF-8200-4C7E-87DB-CB1EE32E1C17.jpeg
    079A39DF-8200-4C7E-87DB-CB1EE32E1C17.jpeg
    224.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 8643B2A0-A0D6-42B2-B262-E9253716A7CF.jpeg
    8643B2A0-A0D6-42B2-B262-E9253716A7CF.jpeg
    274.1 KB · Views: 19

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I got bored of my coffee Loafers very quickly (colour, not the style) but I love my Oxblood Macneils a little more every time I wear them.

I almost mentioned this. I recommended coffee because I think it's the shoe equivalent of a swiss army knife. It's great if you are starting out and want shoes you can wear with anything.

However @NYCTechNerd seems like he's going to end up with a sizable collection and someone like that won't want 60 swiss army knives, he's going to want 60 specialty knives

I think that's part of the reason AEAT members like green shell so much. Once you have 40-50+ shoes you start really valuing the exotic or unusual.

Oxblood is probably more likely to continue to be worn as part of a large collection whereas coffee might transition to foul weather shoes or the back of the closet

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Details on the briefcase??

Purchased from a Romanian dude on etsy
The leather masks he makes are .... something else
PD 1.jpg

I'm not in the market for this sort of thing but I do like the craftsmanship and am fascinated by this aesthetic, like eyes wide shut meets Bane.

These would be great to wear to Costco during COVID
PD costco mask.jpg PD mask2.jpg

PD costco 3.jpg

Last edited:

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I almost mentioned this. I recommended coffee because I think it's the shoe equivalent of a swiss army knife. It's great if you are starting out and want shoes you can wear with anything.

However @NYCTechNerd seems like he's going to end up with a sizable collection and someone like that won't want 60 swiss army knives, he's going to want 60 specialty knives

I think that's part of the reason AEAT members like green shell so much. Once you have 40-50+ shoes you start really valuing the exotic or unusual.

Oxblood is probably more likely to continue to be worn as part of a large collection whereas coffee might transition to foul weather shoes or the back of the closet

I have mentioned it before but I will again for purposes of this interaction: I live in a small 789sqft apartment with my wife, by choice, which means we have very little closet and storage space for clothing and shoes. As such, I wanted an updated and multipurpose but small shoe collection. One of the reasons I joined SF not that long ago was to seek advice on that very subject and goal. What I got was much different.

I have encountered a wonderful community of shoe enthusiasts, especially in the Alden, Allen Edmonds, and Carmina threads I frequent the most. Unfortunately, what comes with it is an onslaught of pictures of shoes that I never thought I would "want" let alone believe I might actually "need". So as my collection will probably grow beyond what I had planned for, I blame all of you for that. :brick:

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have mentioned it before but I will again for purposes of this interaction: I live in a small 789sqft apartment with my wife, by choice, which means we have very little closet and storage space for clothing and shoes. As such, I wanted an updated and multipurpose but small shoe collection. One of the reasons I joined SF not that long ago was to seek advice on that very subject and goal. What I got was much different.

I have encountered a wonderful community of shoe enthusiasts, especially in the Alden, Allen Edmonds, and Carmina threads I frequent the most. Unfortunately, what comes with it is an onslaught of pictures of shoes that I never thought I would "want" let alone believe I might actually "need". So as my collection will probably grow beyond what I had planned for, I blame all of you for that. :brick:

If you don't have at least 20 pairs of shoes, are you even an internet dandy?

TheLawBeard

Reaction score

I feel your pain. I’m now on the other side of that struggle. For a while I bought WAY too many pairs so I now have an oversized collection. I’m slowly reducing and replacing to come down to a smaller but more distinguished collection. It’s likely that at some point the only AEs I own will be from trunk shows or GMTO.

ptfly

Reaction score
I could use a bit more coffee and Sullivan Streets. I find the coffee color extremely versatile and well this boot fits so well. Unfortunately it is my only coffee color shoe or boot.
Was the SS made in burgundy? I would grab that in a split second.
Sullivan beagle 1.jpg

Sullivan beagle 2.jpg

Sullivan beagle 3.jpg

Milksteakboiledhard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I could use a bit more coffee and Sullivan Streets. I find the coffee color extremely versatile and well this boot fits so well. Unfortunately it is my only coffee color shoe or boot.
Was the SS made in burgundy? I would grab that in a split second.
View attachment 1563180
View attachment 1563181
View attachment 1563182

The Sullivan Street's life was cut too short. I believe it was released in dark brown (not sure on the AE name), coffee, and black. I, unfortunately, had to pass my OG dark browns on to a new home as I ended up going with down a half length and up a width leaving me with just the coffee and black. @ae_ashley These would be a great pattern for a mixed material (shell + calf/suede/exotic) trunk show. A burgundy shell pair would be an instant purchase.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Sullivan Street's life was cut too short. I believe it was released in dark brown (not sure on the AE name), coffee, and black. I, unfortunately, had to pass my OG dark browns on to a new home as I ended up going with down a half length and up a width leaving me with just the coffee and black. @ae_ashley These would be a great pattern for a mixed material (shell + calf/suede/exotic) trunk show. A burgundy shell pair would be an instant purchase.

Green shell Sullivan Street and I will buy that right the hell now.

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Navy shell dundees today. Thank you @ae_ashley for shipping these to me!

View attachment 1563150 View attachment 1563151 View attachment 1563152

Great shoes. Almost as important, great glimpse into what I'm assuming is your office on campus. I recognize the coat rack base in picture #2 from a similar one in my Gregory Hall basement office in 95-96. I will neither confirm nor deny that said coat rack mysteriously went from said office to my parents' basement approximately 200 miles north shortly after I got my hood and tassel. My dad may or may not be currently using it to hold vast amounts of model train enthusiast paraphernalia 25 years later. Nothing lasts quite like vintage campus equipment.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great shoes. Almost as important, great glimpse into what I'm assuming is your office on campus. I recognize the coat rack base in picture #2 from a similar one in my Gregory Hall basement office in 95-96. I will neither confirm nor deny that said coat rack mysteriously went from said office to my parents' basement approximately 200 miles north shortly after I got my hood and tassel. My dad may or may not be currently using it to hold vast amounts of model train enthusiast paraphernalia 25 years later. Nothing lasts quite like vintage campus equipment.

Ha ha ha ha! Yes!

SAME BUILDING! It's the Gregory Hall furniture! And amusingly, I was thinking the same thing: it may or may not be here when I leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads