• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing Horween English Tan Dublin Leather McGillicuddys to celebrate Wingtip Wednesday. Since it's around 55F, windy, with occasional drizzles here, it seemed like a good day to wear shoes with Dainite soles and split reverse welts.

IMG_5971.jpeg

For fans on "A-E In The Wild" pictures, out in the cold, wind, and dampness waiting until the cows come home.

IMG_5976.jpeg

Since we can eat outside again and get our haircut again, next week (it's raining this week) there will once again be food pictures in shoe threads. Getting my hair cut on Saturday (the first day the barber had an opening).

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had to look up Corfam (i.e. fake leather) but no, I do not want a "pleather" Leeds.

CXL would be my personal wish. A CXL Leeds with ITSHIDE sole would be a great option for an "all weather" PTB. But what do I know, I am just some shmoe on a forum hoping that AE offers something other than Shell, Suede, or the current black calfskin or cigar calfskin in the next trunk show.

Heck, if they just bought back walnut calf, or oxblood calf, or even basic dark brown calf (with no toe burnishing) I would be a happy man. Why not dark chili which appears to be available in every model except the Leeds?

CXL would be a really interesting choice.

I also agree we need more colours for shoes in AE. Oxblood needs to be a thing again.

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
CXL would be a really interesting choice.

I also agree we need more colours for shoes in AE. Oxblood needs to be a thing again.

I need to update all of this soon but I posted this back in December in the 2020 thread. I did not bother with the Leeds because it only comes in Black and Cigar.

1611787170233.png

Notes:
  • Yellow boxes depict closeout pricing.
  • Green boxes depict outliers.
  • I ignored most items, models and colors, that were on closeout and had few remaining sizes.
  • I ignored the all-weather models because they are too new to make any determination on status.
  • I ignored textured leathers as they are on closeout and/or often limited/special offerings.

Assumptions:
  • Black is obviously a best seller and available in everything.
  • Walnut is also a best seller based on how many current models offer it. This surprised me.
  • Dark Chili appears to be the new most important (and probably best selling) "brown" color. Surprisingly, it is offered in everything except a Strand with a Dainite sole. Is this simply an oversight by the product team or a decision (based on data) in which they know nobody orders this combination so it's not worth having it as a stock shoe.
  • Coffee is being dropped except for very limited cases (PA, 5A). If you ever wanted Coffee in one of the other styles, now is the time to get it, at a good discount, before it disappears.
  • Oxblood is another interesting color because I get the sense that many people on SF love it and might consider it over other colors AE offers, especially brown, but it appears it is being dropped in several styles. Apparently, people only purchase Oxblood on the PA and Strand. If you ever wanted an Oxblood 5A or McAllister act now.
  • Cigar appears to be an outlier. It is offered on the Strand which tends to be a good selling shoe so is this color being tested by AE before larger rollout? It does keep with the current trend of "museum" colors. It is also used on the Leeds but having spoken with a few SAs, it appears that Cigar Leeds is not selling well (at least in the Northeast).
  • Mahogany is another interesting outlier. Currently offered on the 5A but in a separate listing which often depicts a special/limited color option. It is not on closeout sale, is offered on 2 boots, and is offered on a few mixed material leather/wool shoes so I am not sure what to make of this one. It is close to Dark Chili so is AE getting rid of remaining leather in this color, keeping it around as something special, or testing it for a larger future rollout?

Disclaimer: This is strictly my opinion based on a very limited data set (i.e. no actual sales data) and I have no information from Allen Edmonds and make no representation that any of this is accurate and/or based on what Allen Edmonds may (or may not) do now or in the future. This was simply a fun exercise that gave me a decision matrix on which to base my own current shoe purchases. I also thought others might find it interesting. I am not sure if @ae_ashley can confirm or deny any of this but I hope she at least appreciates the effort.

BFT9000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need to update all of this soon but I posted this back in December in the 2020 thread. I did not bother with the Leeds because it only comes in Black and Cigar.

View attachment 1544176

Notes:
  • Yellow boxes depict closeout pricing.
  • Green boxes depict outliers.
  • I ignored most items, models and colors, that were on closeout and had few remaining sizes.
  • I ignored the all-weather models because they are too new to make any determination on status.
  • I ignored textured leathers as they are on closeout and/or often limited/special offerings.

Assumptions:
  • Black is obviously a best seller and available in everything.
  • Walnut is also a best seller based on how many current models offer it. This surprised me.
  • Dark Chili appears to be the new most important (and probably best selling) "brown" color. Surprisingly, it is offered in everything except a Strand with a Dainite sole. Is this simply an oversight by the product team or a decision (based on data) in which they know nobody orders this combination so it's not worth having it as a stock shoe.
  • Coffee is being dropped except for very limited cases (PA, 5A). If you ever wanted Coffee in one of the other styles, now is the time to get it, at a good discount, before it disappears.
  • Oxblood is another interesting color because I get the sense that many people on SF love it and might consider it over other colors AE offers, especially brown, but it appears it is being dropped in several styles. Apparently, people only purchase Oxblood on the PA and Strand. If you ever wanted an Oxblood 5A or McAllister act now.
  • Cigar appears to be an outlier. It is offered on the Strand which tends to be a good selling shoe so is this color being tested by AE before larger rollout? It does keep with the current trend of "museum" colors. It is also used on the Leeds but having spoken with a few SAs, it appears that Cigar Leeds is not selling well (at least in the Northeast).
  • Mahogany is another interesting outlier. Currently offered on the 5A but in a separate listing which often depicts a special/limited color option. It is not on closeout sale, is offered on 2 boots, and is offered on a few mixed material leather/wool shoes so I am not sure what to make of this one. It is close to Dark Chili so is AE getting rid of remaining leather in this color, keeping it around as something special, or testing it for a larger future rollout?

Disclaimer: This is strictly my opinion based on a very limited data set (i.e. no actual sales data) and I have no information from Allen Edmonds and make no representation that any of this is accurate and/or based on what Allen Edmonds may (or may not) do now or in the future. This was simply a fun exercise that gave me a decision matrix on which to base my own current shoe purchases. I also thought others might find it interesting. I am not sure if @ae_ashley can confirm or deny any of this but I hope she at least appreciates the effort.

There's a new mahogany PA out right now: https://www.allenedmonds.com/shoes/...d/SF4631.html?dwvar_SF4631_color=4631#start=1

And I'm 95% sure that the Strand will be released in mahogany soon as well. An entry for it on the Allen Edmonds website popped up a couple months ago, before being pulled a couple days later. Model number 4630.

DawgPound

Reaction score
New arrival! Some specially priced Landon’s in chili shell. Have to thank our friends in Charleston for keeping me in mind! I’ll have to take some photos in the sunlight tomorrow. This is making the Landshark decision difficult.

FB984835-D643-4E7D-94D0-39B058AB1116.jpeg

DawgPound

Reaction score
For Landon fitting, here are my observations. I’m a perfect 11 3E in the 65 last and 11.5 2E in 511, and 11.5 E in most others. I bounce back and forth on 11 3E and 11.5 E in 1943 last. My Higgins, a 11 3E is what I wear and have enough room for thick socks. If there was a 11 2E Higgins, that would be about perfect. These Landon’s are 11 3E and they’re spot on for width (a tad narrower than my Higgins) and feel a little longer than my Higgins. Might even be able to get away with a 10.5 3E, but I wouldn’t want to risk it (not going to do that). I brannock 11.5 E/EE

Last edited:

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For Landon fitting, here are my observations. I’m a perfect 11 3E in the 65 last and 11.5 2E in 511, and 11.5 E in most others. I bounce back and forth on 11 3E and 11.5 E in 1943 last. My Higgins, a 11 3E is what I wear and have enough room for thick socks. If there was a 11 2E Higgins, that would be about perfect. These Landon’s are 11 3E and they’re spot on for width (a tad narrower than my Higgins) and feel a little longer than my Higgins. Might even be able to get away with a 10.5 3E, but I wouldn’t want to risk it.

I would probably not go down to 10.5 because length screws up width calculations.

DawgPound

Reaction score
I would probably not go down to 10.5 because length screws up width calculations.

Yeah, I agree. My 65 last, Higgins and Landons all are the same size 11 3E. All other AE I have are generally 11.5 E or 2E.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New arrival! Some specially priced Landon’s in chili shell. Have to thank our friends in Charleston for keeping me in mind! I’ll have to take some photos in the sunlight tomorrow. This is making the Landshark decision difficult.

View attachment 1544257
You know what would really make the Landshark decision difficult for me?
If green shell was also an option.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

View attachment 1544257
Go go go. You won’t be disappointed.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I finally got around to getting dressed for Wingtip Wednesday.
460E3DFA-5898-4880-B4E7-AF47B40EA083.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads