• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Longbranch boots - the dressiest boots I'll wear this weekend. It's all downhill from these.
20190309_110553.jpg
1000 (3).jpeg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thought about taking to local cobbler for heel toppy but I have little confidence in them.
Thought two is send to AE for new heels.
Maybe soles/heels?
I am leaning towards heels for now.
Thoughts?
View attachment 1541412
View attachment 1541413
It appears as if they walked more on the outside of their left foot. As long as it’s not affecting your gait, give Ashley a call to schedule some new heels!

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thought about taking to local cobbler for heel toppy but I have little confidence in them.
Maybe soles/heels?
Thoughts?
View attachment 1541412
View attachment 1541413
I would give the local guy a try. It’s not a complicated repair.
It doesn’t “look” like you need new soles. If they are thin and soft in the middle, you could feel that. A cobbler could greatly extend the life of the soles with a topy if you wanted.

schweezly

Reaction score
Maybe soles/heels?
Thoughts?
View attachment 1541412
View attachment 1541413

I had heels done by AE about a year ago. They were back to me pretty quickly with no complaints.

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've found that AE's old shell cordovan shoe cream, which looks like this
ae cordovan cream.jpg

works very well on one particular pair of shoes that I have. Does anyone know if AE's new cordovan cream on its website here is the same stuff?

Kevin24

Reaction score
Good Afternoon All,

I bought a pair of the Deerskin Vinci's in 11D, which is how the calfskin version and the Verona's fit me.

When I tried them on, I found them quite loose; I sized down a half to 10.5 and still found them a tad loose. So I tried a 10, and they felt comfortable, but I have was told by the sales associate that they would stretch a lot since this particular version of the Vinci is deerskin.

Granted, I was wearing the ultra-thin try on socks at the time and not no shows or regular dress socks that I would usually wear them with.

If anyone has the deerskin Vinci's, which sizing advice would you recommend?

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've found that AE's old shell cordovan shoe cream, which looks like this
View attachment 1541527
works very well on one particular pair of shoes that I have. Does anyone know if AE's new cordovan cream on its website here is the same stuff?
No, not even close. One of the few times that I would say go with Saphir. The old stuff was magical, the new is meh.

Ashley_S

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
?Hear ye, hear ye!?

Effective immediately, we are running a customer appreciation event where you can take 25% off your ENTIRE purchase excluding the following FIRST QUALITY styles:

- Park Sneaker
- Strand Sneaker
- Higgins Mill
- Shell Cordovan

ALL seconds are included in this event, and this will extend through February 1st!

Use code THANKYOU online, OR shop with your favorite store! You can support a store in person, via phone, OR via email. :)

ptfly

Reaction score
Saturday is always errands, errands and more errands. Stayed in the vehicle for one of them so had some time to kill. HM is the perfect errand boot.

The green mako just arrived yesterday. I had sold my blue one awhile back to buy the green one but it sold out before I could snag it. Same for the green/bronze halios.

Found this one finally. A lot of guys aren't fans of bronze cases but I am especially with a blue or green dial.

HN tan 1.jpg

Zelos 1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads