• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thank you. I was definitely giving you praise for your green pairings.
Generally with olive I look for browns, blues/denim, cream or greys as a starting point. I actually find bluer greens a bit harder so I don't own as many. Almost wore the Spier mint green pants or jacket this morning but couldn't come up with the right shoes so back to army green I went.
Yup yup. Olive definitely much easier to work with, and my overall preference on green. My mint green suit is definitely a bit more restrictive. I think have done black, brown, burgundy, whiskey, and even navy. The navy brings out the blue in the flannel. I think I may have my Alden navy suede NSTs paired with it in a older pic. I'll have to see if I have one.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pattons today, with no green.

DEA7560A-FC0E-4C92-8E00-BC8E1D8F33FA.jpeg

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up some dark chili belts recently - one courtesy of @ae_ashley during the recent sale and the other from Poshmark. Both were too long, but I can now shorten a belt in under 15 minutes.
E3CD70AA-DFA4-4767-93C2-A918CB1B6730.jpeg
A neighbor asked if I would try to fix some of his tack. I could have used a curved needle for the saddle, but I made due with what I had. Broke two 002 needles, but finally made it work.
0C8592C6-8D1D-46EE-AD11-AD77E6D09467.jpeg
Then he gave me three stirrup straps and two martingales to fix.
F229477C-A662-4C8C-AB39-EE2B4BB17A8B.jpeg
Now to clean up the mess I made.
F9A37B63-F073-4216-880C-B59A9AC9CD26.jpeg

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up some dark chili belts recently - one courtesy of @ae_ashley during the recent sale and the other from Poshmark. Both were too long, but I can now shorten a belt in under 15 minutes.
View attachment 1540104
A neighbor asked if I would try to fix some of his tack. I could have used a curved needle for the saddle, but I made due with what I had. Broke two 002 needles, but finally made it work.
View attachment 1540103
Then he gave me three stirrup straps and two martingales to fix.
View attachment 1540102
Now to clean up the mess I made.
View attachment 1540101
I’ve never gotten around to making my watch strap. I should probably just send my stingray leather your direction to finish that.

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What belts is everyone using for marbled dark cognac shoes? Is there somewhere on the interwebs that I can buy a matching belt?

If no matching belt is available I suppose the stock AE brown would work as well as anything since this is just a marbled version of AE's brown.

Jimmy R

Reaction score
What belts is everyone using for marbled dark cognac shoes? Is there somewhere on the interwebs that I can buy a matching belt?

If no matching belt is available I suppose the stock AE brown would work as well as anything since this is just a marbled version of AE's brown.

I ordered a brown shell belt from AE. I'm still waiting for the marbled dark cognac to come in though.

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve never gotten around to making my watch strap. I should probably just send my stingray leather your direction to finish that.
I have three small ray skins waiting for me to get the balls to try to make one out of. @dpgaloot turned me on to this company - https://www.stonecreekstraps.com/ - she makes some beautiful and exotic looking straps.

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If any of you are looking for a briefcase to match green or black shell

Quite a bargain at only $8,990

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I use straight brown Cordovan belt or the brown Alligator belt.

Ashley_S

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PSA: Style numbers have finally been created for the GMTO models, so I will be able to ring orders tomorrow. I'll call those on my list at some point then.

Edit: as an aside, we had about 36 people take the poll from this thread alone and I have only had about 22 people total reach out, which is just over the minimum needed to successfully launch this make. I still have nine navy spots left. Let me know if you'd like to support the event and reserve a space.

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I’d call @ae_ashley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads