• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Lionel Hutz @audog, I did post it on the previous page, but here is. It's interesting that I do not see "Saphir" written on this product, but P&S is selling it as a Saphir product. I got mine on Amazon, but it's going for a premium right now due to short supply.

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
2) When you decide to sell a pair of your AEs, how do you come up with the price? I really need to thin out my collection to only the stuff that has a shot at being worn.

you can search completed listings/sold items on eBay to see what things sell for instead of relying on asking prices

it won’t show you what best offer prices were accepted but it is the best pricing data available AFAIK

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In my usual pattern, first wear out for the green Shell Strand. Dainite would not be my pick, but at a hair over $300, I can live with it.
73EE367C-92E1-4FA3-B620-741F0FB9EB95.jpeg
A2638287-6CEE-4E3C-80E2-04C4E6A5B673.jpeg
E5F575CF-2822-40B9-9E33-7BA1EF128925.jpeg

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Those are Orvis x Brisbane Moss Super Cords. The older version with the (maybe faux) leather pocket inserts. Got a tan pair, too. Pretty handy on chilly days,

It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.
tenor.gif

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Those are Orvis x Brisbane Moss Super Cords. The older version with the (maybe faux) leather pocket inserts. Got a tan pair, too. Pretty handy on chilly days,

It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.
(Immediately picked up the Ferris reference)
And have a few pairs of the fat wale cords from Orvis - complete with leather trim pockets. Def choice.

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Chili shell Leeds today

Attachments

• A5A83CBF-9960-46F9-BE7E-096F51EEEFE0.jpeg
    A5A83CBF-9960-46F9-BE7E-096F51EEEFE0.jpeg
    396 KB · Views: 27
  • 61962193-652C-4222-ADA8-12343707FE67.jpeg
    61962193-652C-4222-ADA8-12343707FE67.jpeg
    321.6 KB · Views: 30

ptfly

Reaction score
While having my coffee this morning I was inspired by Shoenut's olive dainite soles. Then I remembered I had one example so that inspired my ensemble this morning.
Green is my favorite color and I generally think it is a tricky color to mix as "green" is such a very wide range of colors. Generally I don't try to mix greens but like I said, I was inspired this morning and it was a good time to test out my new olive watch strap.
I feel like I pulled a Madhat this morning. That guy really knows how to wear greens.
Hamilton Beagle 1.jpg

Hamilton Beagle 2.jpg

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
89081BC9-29AB-4C1C-B1A7-DE9F64747DA6.jpeg

Unspoilered shell Florsheims from the Nixon administration era per date code. Now on their second soles (JR doubles).

Unabashedly clunky American in your face gunboats. Fans of pointy dainty SF approved “sleek” shoes should avert their eyes. Or not. These guys really don’t care.:-D

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
While having my coffee this morning I was inspired by Shoenut's olive dainite soles. Then I remembered I had one example so that inspired my ensemble this morning.
Green is my favorite color and I generally think it is a tricky color to mix as "green" is such a very wide range of colors. Generally I don't try to mix greens but like I said, I was inspired this morning and it was a good time to test out my new olive watch strap.
I feel like I pulled a Madhat this morning. That guy really knows how to wear greens.
View attachment 1540071
View attachment 1540072
Haha! I was actually going to comment I gave up on worrying about the different greens and embraced all that was green, then I see you called me out specifically on that fact!

I think that combo is killer. I'm still getting used to green+blue in my own life, but it works well there. I've done a dark denim shirt with green and it worked well.

ptfly

Reaction score
Haha! I was actually going to comment I gave up on worrying about the different greens and embraced all that was green, then I see you called me out specifically on that fact!

I think that combo is killer. I'm still getting used to green+blue in my own life, but it works well there. I've done a dark denim shirt with green and it worked well.
Thank you. I was definitely giving you praise for your green pairings.
Generally with olive I look for browns, blues/denim, cream or greys as a starting point. I actually find bluer greens a bit harder so I don't own as many. Almost wore the Spier mint green pants or jacket this morning but couldn't come up with the right shoes so back to army green I went.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads