• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbrandes

Reaction score
Happy wingtip Wednesday gents (and @ae_ashley)!

For your viewing pleasure (or displeasure if you still follow the old ”black and brown don’t mix” silliness), a vintage pair of 5107 Concords (custom black/walnut) circa 1992.
View attachment 1535009
View attachment 1535010
Enjoy!

Agreed, black and brown can work quite well with sufficient contrast.

IMG_5011.JPG

Joe Schmoe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please use Dominion Voting Systems to tabulate the votes for black shark / black shell. If some poll responses cannot be read, you can send them to me for "adjudication." As it happens, I voted for black shell / black shark -- but don't worry about that, any vote tabulations that come from me will be strictly non-partisan, I assure you. In fact, everyone can go home now -- I will take care of all the vote-counting from here.

pbrandes

Reaction score
PSA - I'm pretty close to thrifting the shoes in my sig to clear space, but would rather they go to AE loyalists. Not asking a lot.

Ashley_S

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Landon is still ahead by quite a bit.

JR is still the majority preference for sole

Navy shell/black shark still has a slight edge but black shell/black shark is closing in.

Let me ask you guys this: for those of you who voted black shell...would you be down for Navy if it kept the win?

A second poll may eventually need to happen.

Last edited:

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PSA - I'm pretty close to thrifting the shoes in my sig to clear space, but would rather they go to AE loyalists. Not asking a lot.
Whatttt?!? Bone/walnut Broadstreets? Or were these converted golf shoes? Either way, you’re either off your meds or very generous!!!

I’ve been looking for those in my size for ages. Wish I could stuff tissue in the toes and not look like I’m wearing clown shoes.

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These look incredible! Is this an example of the shark material? It looks so right in this photo since the shadows make it appear almost like a wholecut boot.

Yes, black shark since shark is on the menu here.

Highly recommend as it makes a great rugged tough looking boot material

I won't add another pair so similar,
but this is gone be good.

Navy or Black, Landon or Higs; just won't matter.

pbrandes

Reaction score
Landon is still ahead by quite a bit.

JR is still the majority preference for sole

Navy shell/black shark still has a slight edge but black shell/black shark is closing in.

Let me ask you guys this: for those of you who voted black shell...would you be down for Navy if it kept the win?

A second poll may eventually need to happen.

My initial vote was for Landon in navy/black but thinking more on it I doubt I'd spring for it due to concern that navy would be too dark and end up looking just mis-matched rather than contrasting. I'd likely go with black/black though (or black/burg if offered (okay that's cheating but a guy can dream :)

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If the vote goes for the Landon, how will that extra detail at the back be handled? Will the heel cap and strap be shark too?
Would it be possible to have a version with a shark body, shark side panels, shark heel cap, and shark strap?

This reminds me of a skit from Monty Python (Spam).

pbrandes

Reaction score
Whatttt?!? Bone/walnut Broadstreets? Or were these converted golf shoes? Either way, you’re either off your meds or very generous!!!

I’ve been looking for those in my size for ages. Wish I could stuff tissue in the toes and not look like I’m wearing clown shoes.

Huh? I was talking about my sig (below), not my avatar. Broadstreets are not in my sig and definitely not for sale (those are actually Heritage with converted soles).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics