• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

munchau

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chili Macs!
F10F2CB7-4DFF-4A2D-BB3D-4065851D8894.jpeg
C123A065-2788-4085-84FF-D4585D336163.jpeg
D5510C3F-0342-42CD-B4C3-56DAD0316B4B.jpeg
A9216127-9ED3-471E-BDFC-101BB1702F41.jpeg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Which pig bristle brush do you use? I'm looking to get one with your observations of how effective it is at removing scratches.

I am a big fan of pig bristle brushes. Got mine from Kirby, but that model is no longer available. I would just look on Amazon and read the reviews. I find they are very effective at initial clean up to remove any bloom and also to remove scratches. I do avoid using them to any real extent over stitching to avoid the possibility of damaging the thread. My routine on shell is usually pig bristle, horse hair and then panty hose.

dpgaloot

Reaction score
Happy Tuesday friends!

Family is starting to show up today for the long weekend. That includes my brother who wears the exact same shoe size I do, and who enjoys picking over my collection for things I "don't wear enough". Like these.

Antique Cherry First Avenues. Worn.
FA_Cherry_3_25.jpg

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
You may already have heard, but JR Redenbach will now be producing their soles through the Kilgor tannery.

bluejazzmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Moving offices and was going to wear my Strand sneakers but too cold so Chapman's for today.
View attachment 1708655 View attachment 1708656

Those are cool boots. In Texas, some folks are already using their damn heaters. Regardless of the outside temperature, the air condition/thermostat is locked at 64 degrees (in this part of the hospital). Every day is fall and I love that ****.

Our Thermostat.jpg

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are cool boots. In Texas, some folks are already using their damn heaters. Regardless of the outside temperature, the air condition/thermostat is locked at 64 degrees (in this part of the hospital). Every day is fall and I love that ****.

View attachment 1708713
You can have a 15 degree swing in my building. My previous suite was averaging around 68 degrees and when you sit and only move your fingers for a couple hours it gets right chilly. The new suite is 73 degrees so I'll have to layer.

Was mostly speaking of outside as it was in the upper 20's low 30's this morning.

bluejazzmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can have a 15 degree swing in my building. My previous suite was averaging around 68 degrees and when you sit and only move your fingers for a couple hours it gets right chilly. The new suite is 73 degrees so I'll have to layer.

Was mostly speaking of outside as it was in the upper 20's low 30's this morning.
Oh Precious Lord... Texans die when the temperature reaches below 50 degrees.

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You may already have heard, but JR Redenbach will now be producing their soles through the Kilgor tannery.
Wonder what this means to AE and their use of JR soles on Shell Cordovan shoes going forward? Maybe @ae_ashley can chime in when she gets back from the holidays?

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Texans is a broad sweeping word. South Texas is not like West Texas. I can imagine a Houston native having problems with 50 deg, but up in Amarillo we're used to -5 to 105...in the same day nearly!
As my boss says, you can drive to Cheyanne WY in the same time as it takes us to drive to Austin.

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Texans is a broad sweeping word. South Texas is not like West Texas. I can imagine a Houston native having problems with 50 deg, but up in Amarillo we're used to -5 to 105...in the same day nearly!
As my boss says, you can drive to Cheyanne WY in the same time as it takes us to drive to Austin.
Just depends on what you are accustomed to I'm sure. :)

Going to be low 30's for tomorrow's commute and I'll probably ride my motorcycle in, unless I can't get out of bed and then I'll drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics