• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

ALLEN EDMONDS APPRECIATION THREAD 2021: News, pictures, clothing, accessories, etc.

ptfly

Reaction score
If you haven't sent them back yet, consider shooting them over to me. I'll make sure these are looked at, and I'll make sure your next pair are made with special attention. I'm sorry for this.
Ashley, thank you for the offer. I thought about messaging you before I sent them back. It is the same patchy, waxy leather as the old liverpool distressed brown pair I have. The description led me to belief it was kudu or plain suede which is why I ordered. I didn't think they would make a custom pair out of regular snuff so I returned them.
Maybe next season.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lord give us strength! We will be excited to hear about it.
We will be bitting our fingernails and drinking cheap dry red wine....
Please keep us updated!
interestingly, your wording has a connection to what I’m doing!

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black and Blue today.
8FCDBC06-A614-4A2D-AB16-87BFCCD6562D.jpeg

donkeyhoatie

Reaction score
No specific reason for breaking out the brown kudu Normandy other than the fact that they're comfortable, good-looking, and smell great. Wore some freshly laundered selvedge just to trigger some folks who may be in the "never wash selvedge" camp. Mine get washed and air dried and spend the first couple of post-wash wears working out all those weird wrinkles that come from air drying. Oh well.

IMG_5492.jpg

Although, I am a little concerned that this photo and post may have violated the terms around explicit content listed at the top of the page. Please don't ban me!
Screen Shot 2021-10-27 at 9.38.08 AM.png

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No specific reason for breaking out the brown kudu Normandy other than the fact that they're comfortable, good-looking, and smell great. Wore some freshly laundered selvedge just to trigger some folks who may be in the "never wash selvedge" camp. Mine get washed and air dried and spend the first couple of post-wash wears working out all those weird wrinkles that come from air drying. Oh well.

View attachment 1692916

Although, I am a little concerned that this photo and post may have violated the terms around explicit content listed at the top of the page. Please don't ban me!
View attachment 1692919
I, too, saw the ban warning for the posting of "misinformation." I now realize I run the risk of being irreversibly banned for advocating the acceptance of "brown in town."

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1692916

View attachment 1692919
Are you not supposed to iron selvedge?

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I, too, saw the ban warning for the posting of "misinformation." I now realize I run the risk of being irreversibly banned for advocating the acceptance of "brown in town."
Uh oh. Maybe I'll be banned for some recent discussions regarding my sartorial preferences...

Egads!

donkeyhoatie

Reaction score
Are you not supposed to iron selvedge?
Not when your legs themselves are stronger than iron. Fear my calves!!!! If my legs can't get these jeans in shape, no modern contraption will be able to, either.

In all honesty, I'm just way too lazy to iron jeans that nobody else will see today as I WFH, especially when the wrinkles are gone after one good morning of wear.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not when your legs themselves are stronger than iron. Fear my calves!!!! If my legs can't get these jeans in shape, no modern contraption will be able to, either.

In all honesty, I'm just way too lazy to iron jeans that nobody else will see today as I WFH, especially when the wrinkles are gone after one good morning of wear.
I do so fear.

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.