• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

ALLEN EDMONDS APPRECIATION THREAD 2021: News, pictures, clothing, accessories, etc.

bluejazzmonkey

Reaction score
🚨 This just in: We are extending the RDA sale for one week! The sale will now end Monday, November 1. More time to get those savings in!

This won't affect in store trunk show events. They're still scheduled to kick off Oct. 29th (next friday), so connect with your stores and make sure they know what you have your eye on. No, trunk show product is NOT part of the RDA sale.

If you were planning on placing an online trunk show order, you won't see that go live until after RDA. Looks like stores will have a bit of a head start. Remember, we are all well equipped to help you via phone and internet. You don't have to be local! Let me know if you need help connecting with a team! 🚨
Why does the AE website does NOT show Shell Strand, Landon, or Higgins Mill?

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok guys. Official answer:

Most of the welted uppers are cut and sewn in the DR. Uppers are sent to Port and the shoes are lasted, welted, filled, bottomed, finished and packaged in PW.

There are zero welted styles that are done completely in the DR anymore. None.
That is basically what common sense has led me to believe.

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brown Shell Cambridge.
34383D02-D8DE-46CB-ACBF-0FA5537870AB.jpeg

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did a lot of walking in a pair of Higgins Mill last week. I wore them on a couple of days, walking probably about 16,000 -18,000 steps in them each day. The sidewalks, curbs, and steps took a toll on them. They had a few scrapes and scuffs, with one particularly large scuff on the vamp of one boot. I’m happy to say that they cleaned up well, and are ready for a few hours of walking today.

DF68318B-065C-4DAF-8E9A-72088F793CAE.jpeg
90623946-F270-4C22-A793-9DB8DFFB2CB3.jpeg

AdaminPhilly

Reaction score
AE has 3 different Chilli colors right now.

The PA 5610 which I don't like. The PA 5610S which I may get. The 5621 which I also may get.

I know I don't like the 5610. How do the other two compare?

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
AE has 3 different Chilli colors right now.

The PA 5610 which I don't like. The PA 5610S which I may get. The 5621 which I also may get.

I know I don't like the 5610. How do the other two compare?
5610S means it’s a seconds of 5610. Same shoe.
5621 is dainite, while 5610 is leather. Same uppers.
The old chili color was discontinued and dark chili is the only currently being sold new.

AdaminPhilly

Reaction score
Thank you both. I guess I won't be buying anything from the sale. How dissapoiting.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thank you both. I guess I won't be buying anything from the sale. How dissapoiting.
If you don’t like the burnishing, could strip it and basically have the old chili color. Or, buy chili shell! …though the PA isn’t even on the store right now…maybe shoebank has a pair

AdaminPhilly

Reaction score
If you don’t like the burnishing, could strip it and basically have the old chili color. Or, buy chili shell! …though the PA isn’t even on the store right now…maybe shoebank has a pair
No I like a darker shade of chilli. More brown then red.

ae_ashley

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Trunk Show Host Store Spotlight: KING OF PRUSSIA!

I had the pleasure of having a brief interview with one of our most passionate Store Managers, John, and his Full-Time Associate Tim. The KOP team has a true flair for event hosting and all things AE, so consider stopping by to meet a couple kindred spirits and admire the samples they'll have on hand!

John's in-store event will be held on Friday Oct. 29th from 5pm to 8pm, though you can place your order with this location from opening.

📧 [email protected]
☎ 610-382-9620 ______________________________________

A: Tell me a little about your team!

John: "Tim and I have worked together for Allen Edmonds for over 2 years. I have over 20 years of high end luxury retail experience. We have worked hard over the last 2 years to bring King of Prussia to a TOP 5 volume location. We strive to offer top notch salesmanship, team selling and building lasting relationships with each and every client. We are both die hard fans of Allen Edmonds"

A: What style and color combinations are you most excited for this Trunk Show?

John: "My favorite style is the Strand in Chili cordovan because of its versatility."

Tim: "I’m super excited for the Landon in Cordovan Chili, a masterclass in versatility"

KOP Team Photo.jpg

Note: I'll be posting about a host store every so often leading up to their event, so you can get to know some of our resident dream teams. Remember, you can place your order with any store (even if they aren't a host store) but if you don't have a go-to team, consider one of these amazing locations, either in person or remotely via phone or email.

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trunk Show Host Store Spotlight: KING OF PRUSSIA!

I had the pleasure of having a brief interview with one of our most passionate Store Managers, John, and his Full-Time Associate Tim. The KOP team has a true flair for event hosting and all things AE, so consider stopping by to meet a couple kindred spirits and admire the samples they'll have on hand!

John's in-store event will be held on Friday Oct. 29th from 5pm to 8pm, though you can place your order with this location from opening.

📧 [email protected]
☎ 610-382-9620 ______________________________________

A: Tell me a little about your team!

John: "Tim and I have worked together for Allen Edmonds for over 2 years. I have over 20 years of high end luxury retail experience. We have worked hard over the last 2 years to bring King of Prussia to a TOP 5 volume location. We strive to offer top notch salesmanship, team selling and building lasting relationships with each and every client. We are both die hard fans of Allen Edmonds"

A: What style and color combinations are you most excited for this Trunk Show?

John: "My favorite style is the Strand in Chili cordovan because of its versatility."

Tim: "I’m super excited for the Landon in Cordovan Chili, a masterclass in versatility"

View attachment 1690982
Note: I'll be posting about a host store every so often leading up to their event, so you can get to know some of our resident dream teams. Remember, you can place your order with any store (even if they aren't a host store) but if you don't have a go-to team, consider one of these amazing locations, either in person or remotely via phone or email.
Another great spotlight @ae_ashley! Hope Port knows the awesome job you are doing.

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.