• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

ALLEN EDMONDS APPRECIATION THREAD 2021: News, pictures, clothing, accessories, etc.

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

barutanseijin

Reaction score
I hem mine (or buy them at proper length but I’m on the shorter side). Then again, I’ve never understood the whole cuffing thing. 🤷🏼‍♂️
See, if you cuff them, you can show off your selvedge stripe. Why have selvedge jeans if no one knows they’re selvedge?

With the cuffs you can also put on that oh-so-unique Marlon Brando in the “Wild One” look, too.

Last edited:

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
See, if you cuff them, you can show off your selvedge stripe. Why have selvedge jeans if no one knows they selvedge?

With the cuffs you can also put on that oh-so-unique Marlon Brando in the “Wild One” look, too.
I bought my first pair of selvedge jeans clutching my checkbook. Really, over $100 for denim? At first I cuffed them, but after a while, I liked them so much that I had them hemmed. My selvedge jeans are the only kind of denim that I buy now. They make me feel good. And that is what counts. It is kind of like an AE shoe, very few people know they are AE, they just think that the shoes look nice.

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The sun is almost out, time for a stroll to the coffee joint.
8C7BE71D-9E94-476C-A643-EBB5DDF21E19.jpeg

barutanseijin

Reaction score
I bought my first pair of selvedge jeans clutching my checkbook. Really, over $100 for denim? At first I cuffed them, but after a while, I liked them so much that I had them hemmed. My selvedge jeans are the only kind of denim that I buy now. They make me feel good. And that is what counts. It is kind of like an AE shoe, very few people know they are AE, they just think that the shoes look nice.
I admit that i have selvedge jeans, too. I avoid cuffing on them by having them hemmed, but what works for loafers doesn’t necessarily work for LWBs or boots.

DawgPound

Reaction score
Hey all! For the trunk show, I’m thinking of getting one pair in marbled black and another in natty. Was thinking a Strand and one of the boots (Higgins or Landon). Which color would you get for the shoe and then for the boot, and any reason why? Thanks in advance!

I’ve gone back and forth on this…absolutely love the marbled Strands I’ve seen from the last two shell trunk shows, but not sure what I’m wearing with them if they were marbled black. So was leaning that way the boot (more space to also see the marbling) and the natty for the Strand.

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey all! For the trunk show, I’m thinking of getting one pair in marbled black and another in natty. Was thinking a Strand and one of the boots (Higgins or Landon). Which color would you get for the shoe and then for the boot, and any reason why? Thanks in advance!

I’ve gone back and forth on this…absolutely love the marbled Strands I’ve seen from the last two shell trunk shows, but not sure what I’m wearing with them if they were marbled black. So was leaning that way the boot (more space to also see the marbling) and the natty for the Strand.
That is how I would do it

Vincent George

Reaction score

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ya I was reading about the differences re: insole. Is it the whole insole or just the heel pad?
BB is the entire insole. The base insole on the BB is full texon. That is covered in Poron with a glove liner over the top. If you have just a little room in your regular 10EEE then it won’t make a difference.

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.