• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

ALLEN EDMONDS APPRECIATION THREAD 2021: News, pictures, clothing, accessories, etc.

Adhazem

Reaction score
Why does Allen Edmonds continue to use an inferior shipping partner like FedEx? I have two orders that are over a week old and both are sitting in locations for multiple days with no movement. Here's the kicker: One order actually shipped from my local store, 15 minutes away (had I known this I would have just gone there and picked them up). Instead, the boots have now gone from city to city within the FedEx system for about 1.5 weeks. I sent a note to customer service and received a notification that they'll get back to me in....3-5 business days. After 14 AE shoes/boots and 11 AE belts I'm not sure I'm up for ordering more if they can't deliver in a more reasonable time-frame. Sorry, I hadn't intended for my first post to be a rant. In an era where 2-5 day shipping is the norm, waiting almost 2 weeks with no solid delivery info seems outlandish.
I’m right there with you. Had a pair ship from Ohio to minnesota and take nearly 10 days. It’s also inconsistent. The pair arrived with another pair that shipped 24 hours prior to delivery from Wisconsin.

I don’t think it’s fedex being inferior as much as AE buying their cheapest shipping option. I’ve had fedex bring me socks from Japan in less than 2 days. Ditto shoes from Europe.

Duke Santos

Reaction score
These days UPS is not much better. And my daughter told me Amazon prime isn’t what it used to be.
My only problem with the UPS option they use for shipping to Chicago is that I can't modify it for change to a pickup location--the only Fedex or UPS shipper that I use that won't allow me to do this. As for Amazon, my problem is that the algorithms and tracking devices they use for the drivers forces them into incredibly reckless driving. Do some research on the death toll that Amazon delivery trucks have racked up around the country. No thanks.

blewnote1

Reaction score
My first outing with the snuff neumoks. All day travelling and then a rehearsal dinner had them feeling a little uncomfortable at the end, but generally speaking these are some of the comfiest AEs I've bought. I'm sure they'll be even better as I break them in and mold them to my feet.

PXL_20211015_145615384.jpg

PXL_20211016_001954244.jpg

PXL_20211016_034749250.jpg

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Non-AE, but excited Cobbler Union brought back its MTO program! 25% lifetime discount applies. I’ll be getting some neat longwings I’m sure

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OMG, the Natty, the Chili Randolphs!!
Hey now, just a darn minute!! Weren't you the guy who told me the natty shell would look like the chili??
If you are getting both, then ... I'll be right behind you
Your comment had me go to the closet and look closer at aged natty versus other redder colors, like chili.

In a nutshell, if you properly care for your natty shell footwear (limit polishes & creams), there is plenty of color difference. Plus natural shell cordovan is amazing, RARE and worth getting when you can!

Longer version - I have quite a few natty shell shoes and boots from several different manufacturers, with more from AE than any other. The first ever was natty Dundees from an early Trunk Show. They are also my darkest pair of natty shell, mainly for 2 reasons. I've worn the heck out of these; and, this is the pair that I learned how to properly care for natty shell - through trial and error. I used products that hastened the darkening of the leather. Saphir Renovateur is a no-no. Most creams will darken the leather. My go-to now is Bick 4 and NOTHING ELSE.

So, when I post Dundees in natty and chili shell, that's not a true comparison since I've inadvertently darkened the natty ones. However, even w/ the darkening, natty shell moves toward a tan color not red like chili or color #4. If you care for your natty shell properly, it will stay a beautiful English tan color.

I see no overlap btwn natty and chili shell.
20211016_102901.jpg
20211016_102904.jpg

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^Beware of neatsfoot oil in any product on medium to light leathers! It WILL darken the leather.

Neatsfoot oil is a great leather conditioner and is in many leather polishes & creams. Use it on darker leathers. But, be careful with lighter leathers.

It's the natty shell killer!

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Needed to wear my McTavish.
58563815-BF9D-4E72-8951-AC2A0DB4D65F.jpeg

Adhazem

Reaction score
Non-AE, but excited Cobbler Union brought back its MTO program! 25% lifetime discount applies. I’ll be getting some neat longwings I’m sure
I saw! The 25% will offset the MTO fees essentially. I wish they can show all the available makeups and leathers on the site.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^Beware of neatsfoot oil in any product on medium to light leathers! It WILL darken the leather.

Neatsfoot oil is a great leather conditioner and is in many leather polishes & creams. Use it on darker leathers. But, be careful with lighter leathers.

It's the natty shell killer!
Does vsc have nf oil?

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your comment had me go to the closet and look closer at aged natty versus other redder colors, like chili.

In a nutshell, if you properly care for your natty shell footwear (limit polishes & creams), there is plenty of color difference. Plus natural shell cordovan is amazing, RARE and worth getting when you can!

Longer version - I have quite a few natty shell shoes and boots from several different manufacturers, with more from AE than any other. The first ever was natty Dundees from an early Trunk Show. They are also my darkest pair of natty shell, mainly for 2 reasons. I've worn the heck out of these; and, this is the pair that I learned how to properly care for natty shell - through trial and error. I used products that hastened the darkening of the leather. Saphir Renovateur is a no-no. Most creams will darken the leather. My go-to now is Bick 4 and NOTHING ELSE.

So, when I post Dundees in natty and chili shell, that's not a true comparison since I've inadvertently darkened the natty ones. However, even w/ the darkening, natty shell moves toward a tan color not red like chili or color #4. If you care for your natty shell properly, it will stay a beautiful English tan color.

I see no overlap btwn natty and chili shell.
View attachment 1686481 View attachment 1686482
Great photo.
Now I can get a natty Randolph and chill Randolph with a clear conscience!

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does vsc have nf oil?
No one really knows, but it will darken light leathers.

Mac method and Bick 4 are your friends.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw! The 25% will offset the MTO fees essentially. I wish they can show all the available makeups and leathers on the site.
I made an appointment for Tuesday. They said any past or present model. I’m thinking a LWB and a killer boot, but what colors?

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.