• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

schweezly

Reaction score

CommanderMcBragg

Reaction score
Hello Men--

My I know your thoughts on the Bartlett v. the Strand? It's been awhile since I've eyeballed a Bartlett in the wild, but as I recall, there somehow seemed to be a very subtle difference between the 65 and the 201 lasts that made the Bartlett a little bit less appealing stylistically than the Strand. Curious to know your thought(s).

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello Men--

My I know your thoughts on the Bartlett v. the Strand? It's been awhile since I've eyeballed a Bartlett in the wild, but as I recall, there somehow seemed to be a very subtle difference between the 65 and the 201 lasts that made the Bartlett a little bit less appealing stylistically than the Strand. Curious to know your thought(s).
Fit is the primary difference. Which last works best for your foot?

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hello Men--

For me it’s the difference in fit that kills it. 201 has a higher cone; too much volume and the throat interferes with my ankles.
Others can’t do the 65 for the opposite reasons

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Going with Bradley today as it looks like big snow over the next few days.
D9482799-E037-4CE5-B3F7-B0A541C5E1CB.jpeg

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello Men--

To my eye, the 201 is the 65 with a higher instep, and I find the Bartlett even more appealing stylistically than the Strand (which opinion may be somewhat influenced by the fact that the 201 is a much better fit for my high instep feet than the 65).

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
While the restaurant is now seating 50%. There is a 30 minute wait.
8D76621C-B8B6-4CB9-A5F3-38D8E8A05631.jpeg

We would be further apart if they just sat everyone.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have recommendations for portable business card holders? I switched wallets and no longer have space for my business cards and usually only meet vendors in a meeting environment (will have my backpack). Interested to hear if anyone has any experience using a business card wallet/holder.

A colleague gifted me a coach one.

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ae_ashley

The stitching on the captoe on my TS19.1 pairs is busted. Can AE fix this? $725 for a boot that can't last 2 years isn't very good.

Had a similar issue on a shell pair after 6+ years - AE paid for shipping both ways and resolved my stitching issue. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads