• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chili Higgins in the morning light.
6D117675-90D7-471B-9433-C21877E95D6F.jpeg

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There was some chatter yesterday about different colored Dainite for sole choices in the upcoming trunk show and what might look best with any given color. It reminded me of these oxblood Daltons I have, so I broke the ladyboys out for Wingtip Wednesday. These were somebody else's MTO with red Dainite soles. Some might think that there isn't enough contrast with the red Dainite and the oxblood coloring. I think it looks kind of neat. Of course, I also think that it's not that often that someone is going to be seeing the sole along with the shoe, so do what makes you happy. Oh, and sometimes wearing lame-ass pants that are too long and need to be cuffed because you're too lazy to get them hemmed is perfectly fine - especially when you're WFH and the only ones who will see them are the other AE shoe weirdos on this board.

IMG_5422.jpg

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My collection to date, 82 different Strands:

View attachment 1676855

Rows from top to bottom, left to right:

Red, White, and Blue Webgem, Holly Mok, Brown Grain Mok, Black Grain Mok, Walnut Grain Mok, Walnut/Olive Wool Mok, Mahogany/Charcoal Wool Mok, Camel Suede Mok, Crimson Red Suede Mok, Denim Suede Mok, Navy Suede Mok, Olive Suede Mok, Snuff Brown Suede Mok, Brown Nubuck Mok, Tan Nubuck Mok, White Nubuck MTO

Tinsel Avenue, Snuff Suede/Orange Midsole Mok, Tan Suede/Green Midsole Mok, Navy Suede/Blue Midsole Mok, Saddle Suede Mok 2.0, Grey Suede Mok 2.0, Adriatic Suede Mok 2.0, Black w/Blue Sole Mok, Tan Mok, Brown Mok, Navy Apache Mok, Olive Mok, Grey Mok, Joseph Abboud Desert Oasis Mok

Black Calf, Dark Taupe Suede, Loden Suede, Slate Suede, Navy Suede, Vintage Dark Brown Suede, Brogue Suede, Snuff Suede, Chocolate Suede MTO, Burgundy Suede MTO, Purple Suede Webgem, Brown Texture/Lug Sole Mok, Walnut Texture/Lug Sole Mok, Bone Essex Mok

Chestnut Calf, Walnut Calf, Bourbon Calf, Vintage Tan Pin Grain, Vintage Mahogany Scotch Grain, Vintage Burgundy Aniline, Vintage Burgundy Polished Cobbler, Vintage Navy Aniline, Vintage Brown Aniline, Walnut Weave, Copper Weave, Black Weave, Olive Weave, Chili Weave

Midnight Navy Calf, Blue Calf, Oxblood Calf, Merlot Calf, Dark Chili Calf, Chili Calf Webgem, Brown Calf, Coffee Calf, Cigar Calf, Copper Calf, Mahogany Calf, Olive Calf, Grey Calf, Carbon Calf

Marbled Dark Cognac Cordovan, Marbled Color #8 Cordovan, Dark Cognac Cordovan, Color #8 Cordovan, Chili Cordovan, the Strand King, Bourbon Cordovan, Green Cordovan, Navy Cordovan, Black Cordovan

View attachment 1676856

Next stop is 100!
Maybe the state of Wisconsin should put a statue of you in the Capital. Right next to Marquette.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The natty Freeport w/commando would be more tempting if they decide to ditch that label.
I agree that it would look better with either no label on the tongue or if the label was made in the same color/material as the tongue.
However, AE has said that they won’t even offer this boot in B-width sizes even though it’s built on the 1757 last (which has B-width sizing). If we can’t even accommodate requests for proper fit, why should we expect a change for something just because we don’t like how it looks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics